Posted to rec.woodworking
J T J T is offline

Default A 'Man's' Hand Power Planer

http://www.timberwolftools.com/tools...AF-ZH320E.html

Damn well has a man's price too. I could put up a complet shop
for less than that.

JOAT
I do things I don't know how to do, so that I might learn how to do
them.
- Picasso

Posted to rec.woodworking

"J T" wrote in message
http://www.timberwolftools.com/tools...AF-ZH320E.html
Damn well has a man's price too. I could put up a complete shop
for less than that.

Hell, at 12-5/8" they should market it with an adapter so one could turn it
upside down and stick in a vise for use as a regular stationary planer.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Aug 26, 8:18?am, (J T) wrote:
http://www.timberwolftools.com/tools...AF-ZH320E.html

Damn well has a man's price too. I could put up a complet shop
for less than that.

JOAT

And have enough left over to buy timber that was allready planed.

FoggyTown

Posted to rec.woodworking

31 pounds. Moving blades. Hand held. Sounds a bit scary!

--
Watch for the bounce.
If ya didn't see it, ya didn't feel it.
"J T" wrote in message
http://www.timberwolftools.com/tools...AF-ZH320E.html

Damn well has a man's price too. I could put up a complet shop
for less than that.

JOAT
I do things I don't know how to do, so that I might learn how to do
them.
- Picasso

Posted to rec.woodworking

J T wrote:

http://www.timberwolftools.com/tools...AF-ZH320E.html

Damn well has a man's price too. I could put up a complet shop
for less than that.

JOAT
I do things I don't know how to do, so that I might learn how to do
them.
- Picasso

I particularly liked this:

Note: Also available with a 230v motor. Please call to order!

That IS a mans' planer.

--
Robert Allison
Rimshot, Inc.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 26 Aug 2007 09:24:57 -0600, "asmurff"
wrote:

31 pounds.

Bah. It's a lightweight compared to the new Veritas #8-1/2.

-Leuf
Posted to rec.woodworking

Does it come with a arm replacement plan. If that puppy grabs & kicks, you
just might lose that arm. TOOOO scary for me. For that kind of money &
risk, hire some fool to do face dressing of the timber.

Paul

"J T" wrote in message
http://www.timberwolftools.com/tools...AF-ZH320E.html

Damn well has a man's price too. I could put up a complet shop
for less than that.

JOAT
I do things I don't know how to do, so that I might learn how to do
them.
- Picasso

Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

Robert Allison wrote:
J T wrote:

http://www.timberwolftools.com/tools...AF-ZH320E.html

Damn well has a man's price too. I could put up a complet shop
for less than that.

I particularly liked this:

Note: Also available with a 230v motor. Please call to order!

That IS a mans' planer.

As Tim Allen would say, "More power!" ...

For timber framers, these are common. Weight (up to the point of being
just too heavy to pick up easily) is an advantage, not a disadvantage as
it sets on the timber and the weight/mass adds inertia to minimize the
kickback problem someone else already mentioned.

In UK, even your toaster is 220V; it's only we on this side of the pond
who think that's unusual for portable/handtools...

Posted to rec.woodworking

dpb wrote:

Robert Allison wrote:

J T wrote:

http://www.timberwolftools.com/tools...AF-ZH320E.html

Damn well has a man's price too. I could put up a complet shop
for less than that.

I particularly liked this:

Note: Also available with a 230v motor. Please call to order!

That IS a mans' planer.

As Tim Allen would say, "More power!" ...

For timber framers, these are common. Weight (up to the point of being
just too heavy to pick up easily) is an advantage, not a disadvantage as
it sets on the timber and the weight/mass adds inertia to minimize the
kickback problem someone else already mentioned.

In UK, even your toaster is 220V; it's only we on this side of the pond
who think that's unusual for portable/handtools...

I was trying to think, and I don't even have ONE 220 volt hand
power tool. I wonder if they come in three phase?

--
Robert Allison
Rimshot, Inc.
Posted to rec.woodworking

goaway wrote:

Does it come with a arm replacement plan. If that puppy grabs & kicks, you
just might lose that arm. TOOOO scary for me. For that kind of money &
risk, hire some fool to do face dressing of the timber.

Paul

There have been a couple of times when I would gladly have
rented one of these. Try running a 24'x6"x12" through a
stationary planer and you will see what I mean.

I love tools like that. I still wish that I had my Makita 16"
circular saw. I sold it about 3 years ago and have regretted
it ever since.

http://www.toolbarn.com/product/makita/5402NA/?ref=base

"J T" wrote in message

http://www.timberwolftools.com/tools...AF-ZH320E.html

Damn well has a man's price too. I could put up a complet shop
for less than that.

JOAT

--
Robert Allison
Rimshot, Inc.
Georgetown, TX

Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

goaway wrote:
Does it come with a arm replacement plan. If that puppy grabs & kicks, you
just might lose that arm. TOOOO scary for me. For that kind of money &
risk, hire some fool to do face dressing of the timber.

And let them lose the arm, huh?

For timber framers, they're an everyday tool. The mass is actually
_a_good_thing_ (TM) as it minimizes the problem of kickback. Only real
problem using one like any other tool is to not take too large a cut and
pay attention. Keeping knives sharp is the other critical item, too, of
course...

Posted to rec.woodworking

for a little less money, and with self feed too:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=330156306677

Electric Hand planer Locutus Woodworking 32 April 21st 07 10:54 AM
Hand Held Planer Wilson Woodworking 5 January 23rd 07 09:12 PM
Hand planer... [email protected] Woodworking 23 December 14th 06 12:23 PM
ryobi hand planer FA gooch Woodworking 4 October 21st 05 04:06 AM
ELECTRIC HAND PLANER QUESTION T. Woodworking 17 October 13th 03 08:18 PM