Posted to rec.woodworking
J T J T is offline

Default PADDLE BOAT

http://www.thewoodcrafter.net/proj/p67.php

No, not on a toy boat kick, looking for something.

JOAT
I do things I don't know how to do, so that I might learn how to do
them.
- Picasso

Posted to rec.woodworking

J T wrote:
http://www.thewoodcrafter.net/proj/p67.php

No, not on a toy boat kick, looking for something.

JOAT
I do things I don't know how to do, so that I might learn how to do
them.
- Picasso

G'day JOAT,
When I was a kid we used to make something similar and sail them on the
dams.
We used a cork for the rear paddle with pieces of tin cut from a
fruit/baked bean can and sliced them into the cork on 4 sides for blades.
If you put 3 or 4 lackey bands on it you could get the front to plane
quite nicely, but they would never go as far a a single lackey wound tight.

regards
John
Posted to rec.woodworking
J T J T is offline

Wed, Aug 22, 2007, 3:26pm (EDT+12) ""johntoymaker\"@large puddle.com"
(John*B) waves and says:
G'day JOAT,
When I was a kid we used to make something similar snip

Hiya John. We made 'em too. Don't recall just how the paddlwheels were
made, but the results were about the same. Amazing how adults now need
plans to make something like this, and as kids we didn't use plans at
all. Used to make darts too, take a corncob, stick thre feathers in one
end, and a nail, point out, in the other end.

JOAT
I do things I don't know how to do, so that I might learn how to do
them.
- Picasso

Posted to rec.woodworking

The really sad thing about toys like this is that I make and sell them
for$11 each at craft shows. I'm not sad about the money, it's an easy buck,
just sad that more kids would rather buy then make and so many parents have
no idea of how to make toys like this.

PADDLE STEAMER J T Woodworking 0 May 20th 07 10:43 PM
INSPIRATION - Rubber Band Paddle Wheel Boat J T Woodworking 0 January 5th 07 05:59 AM
INSPIRATION - Paddle Wheel Boat J T Woodworking 0 November 17th 05 07:02 AM
[I] EVOLUTION Up a Creek Without a Paddle... Diane L Woodworking 7 November 8th 05 07:42 AM
EVOLUTION Up a Creek Without a Paddle... [email protected] Woodworking 5 October 22nd 05 01:51 PM