Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Fein Multimaster off brand replacement flush cut saw Question.

I'm doing a hardwood floor install and have come to the end off life
with the flush cut saw attachment. The one that's about 2" wide.
After checking on the replacement prices I've found a genuine fein saw
for about $45.00 each a little less is you buy a 3 pack. and also
have found an aftermarket manufacturer on E-bay for about $21.00 per
blade.

Has anyone used these? any reccomendations as to other source and
prices.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Aug 20, 2:10 pm, brandom11 wrote:
I'm doing a hardwood floor install and have come to the end off life
with the flush cut saw attachment. The one that's about 2" wide.
After checking on the replacement prices I've found a genuine fein saw
for about $45.00 each a little less is you buy a 3 pack. and also
have found an aftermarket manufacturer on E-bay for about $21.00 per
blade.

Has anyone used these? any reccomendations as to other source and
prices.

Sharpen the old one with a Dremel and a cut-off wheel. Somebody
suggested that in here some time ago, and I have been thankful ever
since.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"brandom11" wrote in message
oups.com...
I'm doing a hardwood floor install and have come to the end off life
with the flush cut saw attachment. The one that's about 2" wide.
After checking on the replacement prices I've found a genuine fein saw
for about $45.00 each a little less is you buy a 3 pack. and also
have found an aftermarket manufacturer on E-bay for about $21.00 per
blade.

Has anyone used these? any reccomendations as to other source and
prices.

I bought some off brand sandpaper for my 16/32 and had to throw it out.
Save your $21.

Posted to rec.woodworking

I have had good success with slitting saw blades from the machinist'
supply house. not cheap, though.
dremel is selling a chinese drycut diamond blade for their silly
attachment "system" that happens to fit the fein and works a charm for
plunging into hard materials. there may also be a toothed woodcutting
blade as part of that system.

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote in message
oups.com...
I have had good success with slitting saw blades from the machinist'
supply house. not cheap, though.
dremel is selling a chinese drycut diamond blade for their silly
attachment "system" that happens to fit the fein and works a charm for
plunging into hard materials. there may also be a toothed woodcutting
blade as part of that system.

Can you give me a reference to this? I did searchs on variations of dremel
drycut diamond blade, but came up empty.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Aug 21, 8:14 am, "Toller" wrote:

Can you give me a reference to this? I did searchs on variations of dremel
drycut diamond blade, but came up empty.

I bought it at home depot. here's the "attachment system" thingie:
http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/...roductDisplay?
storeId=10051&langId=-1&catalogId=10053&productId=100074420

the diamond blade didn't show up on HD's website for me, but it may be
on the shelf at your local borg anyway. anyplace that carries dremel
should be able to order it for you.

fein multimaster Renata Woodworking 14 September 21st 06 08:06 PM
Re fein multimaster srazor Woodworking 0 September 14th 06 04:15 PM
Fein Multimaster suggestion and a question. Robatoy Woodworking 19 July 9th 06 07:02 PM
Fein MultiMaster question: (Lew?) Robatoy Woodworking 3 March 22nd 06 05:09 PM
Fein MultiMaster question: (Lew?) Robatoy Home Repair 2 March 22nd 06 05:09 PM