Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.woodworking

Default dust collector pipeing

I just finished installing a new Oneida Dust Gorilla dust collector that is
really overkill for a two car garage shop. The duct work I used was HVAC
sheet metal with hand cut 4" Y's off of the main 7" line. The 4" runs are
flexible aluminum dryer tubing running to the machines in the shop. When I
started the system it has so loud a whistle that I can't stay in the shop
with it running. Opening all of the blast gates helps some, but it is still
intolerable.

I have duct taped all of the joints. What do you-all suggest as a next step
to silencing this monster.
Paul Gilbert
Dallas, TX