Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Wally's Workshop

Anyone else remember Wally's Workshop? It aired '72-'73 quite a bit before
TOH or NYW were on the air. As I recall it was sponsored by Rutland Lumber
and aired on a station in the Albany, NY area.

I remember it more for the husband and wife team of Wally and Natalie
Bruner's pending and ultimately fulfilled mistakes than for it's ability to
pass on stellar technical advise to homeowners... For example, I recall the
host falling through a ceiling while installing a free standing stove and on
another show breaking out the side of a board when he tried to plane the
end-grain... But hey, their banter was good and they did move people a long
way even though there were execution errors!

I have to wonder if this was Russ Morash's inspiration to do TOH. A comment
on http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0229932/ said the show did air in the Boston
area...

John

workshop Cuprager UK diy 11 August 22nd 06 07:38 PM
new workshop BuilderBob46 Woodworking 7 May 4th 06 03:49 AM
Workshop Temperature/Workshop Heat Unquestionably Confused Woodworking 1 February 20th 05 06:34 PM
workshop Steven Van Densen Woodturning 5 July 24th 03 10:26 PM
workshop Steven Van Densen Metalworking 11 July 24th 03 05:47 AM