Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Norm fans--this'll keep you busy...

A comprehensive article on The New Yankee Workshop at
http://www.designnews.com/article/CA...id=2878—videos,
audio MP3 interviews, articles. As described at Phillip Wise's
http://newwookiee.com/, where I found this: "...hours of delight."

Rod

--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

http://www.woodbutcher.net

care to correspond with you anyway.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Rod

Thanks. Wish the videos were a "wee bit" longer and the editor
used a steadycam, but they were very helpful. It also sounds like
the guy hasn't watched NYW that long. He mistakenly identified
the garden shed for the barn that Norm built for Morash as
his "intro" into TV.

Thanks again.

MJ Wallace

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 17 Aug 2007 18:10:11 -0000, "
wrote:

Thanks. Wish the videos were a "wee bit" longer and the editor
used a steadycam, but they were very helpful. It also sounds like
the guy hasn't watched NYW that long. He mistakenly identified
the garden shed for the barn that Norm built for Morash as
his "intro" into TV.

I thought that, too. There were several other little things about the
tools that struck me the same way.

However, I was impressed with how Morash opened up to him. He let a
lot of things out of the bag that, while open secrets (NYW shop on his
property, for example), still had never been really confirmed by
anyone in charge.

The speculation about where the kitchen made for the 2008 season are
going was confirmed here, too--they're going in Morash's kitchen.
Which I don't have one bit of a problem with. I think he's earned
every cent of their worth with his enterprise.

--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

http://www.woodbutcher.net

care to correspond with you anyway.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Rod,

However, I was impressed with how Morash opened up to him. He let a
lot of things out of the bag that, while open secrets (NYW shop on his
property, for example), still had never been really confirmed by
anyone in charge.

I think Norm said it in the famous Fine Woodworking article about
the NYW? Also, the location should be somewhat locatable. Morash
lives near Milford (he said the stone came from the quarry) and
there is a common area behind his house. I am sure his
phone is not listed, but if you had a older phonebook (libraries do)
of the area, he probably is listed. Google Earth should then
do the trick, I think.

Which I don't have one bit of a problem with. I think he's earned
every cent of their worth with his enterprise.

I agree, tho it would have been even better if it was the kitchen
for the TOH project (which I am sure needs a new kitchen). I
am sure timing was a factor. Hometime has been doing
staff homes now for the last 2 years. All except Dean's house, tho.

MJ Wallace

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote in message ups.com...
Rod,

However, I was impressed with how Morash opened up to him. He let a
lot of things out of the bag that, while open secrets (NYW shop on his
property, for example), still had never been really confirmed by
anyone in charge.

I think Norm said it in the famous Fine Woodworking article about
the NYW? Also, the location should be somewhat locatable. Morash
lives near Milford (he said the stone came from the quarry) and
there is a common area behind his house. I am sure his
phone is not listed, but if you had a older phonebook (libraries do)
of the area, he probably is listed. Google Earth should then
do the trick, I think.

I seem to remember someone posting years ago that Russ Morash lived in Burlington. Hence, thats where
the NYW magic happens.

Posted to rec.woodworking

" wrote in
ups.com:

snip

Hometime has been doing
staff homes now for the last 2 years. All except Dean's house, tho.

MJ Wallace

No, they did Dean's house 5 or 6 years ago. A great big honking house,
with two stories and a basement. In the basement was a home theater
project with a monster TV. They redid that piece in the last year or two.

Who owns the house isn't important. That they do interesting projects that
relate to 'real life' is. They're pretty good at that, most of the time.

Patriarch
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 17 Aug, 15:37, Patriarch wrote:
" wrote roups.com:

snip

Hometime has been doing
staff homes now for the last 2 years. All except Dean's house, tho.

MJ Wallace

No, they did Dean's house 5 or 6 years ago. A great big honking house,
with two stories and a basement. In the basement was a home theater
project with a monster TV. They redid that piece in the last year or two.

Who owns the house isn't important. That they do interesting projects that
relate to 'real life' is. They're pretty good at that, most of the time.

Patriarch

As long as we're talking staff kitchen remodels:
http://www.diynetwork.com/diy/shows_..._37322,00.html

Kitchen Renovations host Paul Ryan's show on his Mom's kitchen airs
(again) Sept 15 at 10:00 EST

Posted to rec.woodworking

The New Yankee Workshop is located in back of the Victory Garden. The
door to the rear of the workshop near where Norm display his sample
projects opens onto the garden.

Not anymore. Morash has not been involved with the Victory Garden for the
past 3-4 years and the current version is shot at an entirely different
location.

Lee

_________________________________
Lee Gordon
http://www.leegordonproductions.com

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 17 Aug 2007 18:47:27 -0000, "
wrote:

...Morash lives near Milford (he said the stone came from the quarry) ...

If by "near" you mean within ten or fifteen miles (several towns, by
Boston area standards), not even close. Milford is more than 25 miles
by crow (and nothing is in the Boston area) from Morash's place.

Busy Bee David Merrill Woodworking 9 September 29th 06 05:25 PM
Busy Bee Lathe Mike Courteau Woodturning 1 August 28th 05 02:30 AM
Testing...this'll only be a moment Tim Williams Metalworking 2 December 29th 03 05:45 AM
OT This'll put a smile on your face!! Mad Hatter Metalworking 4 November 5th 03 11:29 PM
OT Gremlins have been busy! Harold & Susan Vordos Metalworking 10 August 22nd 03 04:05 PM