Posted to rec.woodworking
L C L C is offline

Default Metal slide to hold criggabe boards pegs in storage hole

Hello,

Does anyone know where, or what they are called, I can get the metal slides
that will hold cribbage board pegs in a storage hole.

I am going to make a few for gifts and I was hoping to add this feature.

To further explain what I mean. On the bottom of the board there would be a
slot that has a little metal slide that will cover the hole so the pegs will
not fall out.

Looked at Rockler and couldn't find them.

Thanks

Larry C

Posted to rec.woodworking
L C L C is offline

"L C" wrote in message
Hello,

Does anyone know where, or what they are called, I can get the metal

slides
that will hold cribbage board pegs in a storage hole.

I am going to make a few for gifts and I was hoping to add this feature.

To further explain what I mean. On the bottom of the board there would be

slot that has a little metal slide that will cover the hole so the pegs

will
not fall out.

Looked at Rockler and couldn't find them.

Thanks

Larry C

Sorry about the spelling that would be Cribbage not Criggabe

Posted to rec.woodworking

L C wrote:

| Does anyone know where, or what they are called, I can get the
| metal slides that will hold cribbage board pegs in a storage hole.
|
| I am going to make a few for gifts and I was hoping to add this
| feature.
|
| To further explain what I mean. On the bottom of the board there
| would be a slot that has a little metal slide that will cover the
| hole so the pegs will not fall out.

I think I'd look (starting at my local hardware store) for brass and
stainless shim stock. In a real pinch I might pick up an inexpensive
set of feeler gauges and buff off the thickness markings.

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

Posted to rec.woodworking

"L C" wrote: .

Does anyone know where, or what they are called, I can get the metal

slides
that will hold cribbage board pegs in a storage hole.

Time to make a trip to the local scrap metals yard in your area.

Get a small sheet of brass shim stock, say 020"-030" thick, and cut
what you need.

Probably even get the yard to shear, say 1" wide blanks, which you
could then cut to length and finish with a file.

Have fun.

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 16 Aug, 14:06, "L C" wrote:
Hello,

Does anyone know where, or what they are called, I can get the metal slides
that will hold cribbage board pegs in a storage hole.

I am going to make a few for gifts and I was hoping to add this feature.

To further explain what I mean. On the bottom of the board there would be a
slot that has a little metal slide that will cover the hole so the pegs will
not fall out.

Looked at Rockler and couldn't find them.

Thanks

Larry C

It's a woodworking project right? Use a wooden slide. Use a small
dovetail bit in your router and rout a slanted groove along the edge
of the cavity. Rout an reverse slant on the door and you've got an all
wood cribbage board. Make it snug and lube it with some wax so it
slides easily. I made the cavity in mine large enough to hold a deck
of cards and the pegs.