Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Electricity under water

I expect a certain amount of hydrogen and oxygen would have been bubbling
up
from that outlet.

Electrolysis from an AC source?

I'll have to give that some thought. Every bubble from either
conductor would alternate between hydrogen and oxygen.
Good one, Peter, now I'll be thinking about that... you know.. a bitf
like a song that won't go away...a whistled tune...like Andy
Griffith's Mayberry RFD

The very reason you don't use AC for electrolysis. You end up with
containers full of H2 and O2. Not something you want to have.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"no spam" wrote in message . net...

I expect a certain amount of hydrogen and oxygen would have been bubbling up
from that outlet.

Electrolysis from an AC source?

I'll have to give that some thought. Every bubble from either
conductor would alternate between hydrogen and oxygen.
Good one, Peter, now I'll be thinking about that... you know.. a bitf
like a song that won't go away...a whistled tune...like Andy
Griffith's Mayberry RFD

The very reason you don't use AC for electrolysis. You end up with containers full of H2 and O2.
Not something you want to have.

H2 and O2 mixed, off each electrode. Start running.

Posted to rec.woodworking

In article , d@p says...
H2 and O2 mixed, off each electrode. Start running.

but no smoking heels ;-)

Posted to rec.woodworking

In article om,
Robatoy wrote:
On Aug 17, 12:43 pm, "Morris Dovey" wrote:
Robatoy wrote:

| (Taking my shoe off and calling the Chief.)

ROFL so hard it Hz!

Give it up, Max - one switch from positive to negative plus one switch
from negative to positive is two switches per cycle.

Check with Emma Peel - she'll set you straight.

The cycle starts of at 0 degrees and rotates to a max positive at 90
degrees then positive diminishes to 0 at 180 degrees. Then at 270
degrees max negative diminishing to 0 at 360 degrees.
Or, as the Chief says; "One positive lump. followd by a negative hump,
polarity changes once."

Tell me, if polarity only changes once, how does it get _back_ to the
original polarity for the start of the next cycle?

'zero-crossings' (a.k.a. as 'polarity reversals') happen every HALF-CYCLE.

Positive-to-negative (occuring at 180 degrees) is one reversal
Negative to positive (occuring at 360 degrees) is a _second_ reversal.

Only _after_ reaching the 360 degree point are you back to 'status quo ante',
for the start of the next cycle.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Aug 18, 4:37 am, (Robert Bonomi) wrote:
In article om,

Robatoy wrote:

| (Taking my shoe off and calling the Chief.)

ROFL so hard it Hz!

Give it up, Max - one switch from positive to negative plus one switch
from negative to positive is two switches per cycle.

Check with Emma Peel - she'll set you straight.

The cycle starts of at 0 degrees and rotates to a max positive at 90
degrees then positive diminishes to 0 at 180 degrees. Then at 270
degrees max negative diminishing to 0 at 360 degrees.
Or, as the Chief says; "One positive lump. followd by a negative hump,
polarity changes once."

Tell me, if polarity only changes once, how does it get _back_ to the
original polarity for the start of the next cycle?

'zero-crossings' (a.k.a. as 'polarity reversals') happen every HALF-CYCLE.

Positive-to-negative (occuring at 180 degrees) is one reversal
Negative to positive (occuring at 360 degrees) is a _second_ reversal.

Only _after_ reaching the 360 degree point are you back to 'status quo ante',
for the start of the next cycle.- Hide quoted text -

That's fine by me...but YOU deal with Maxwell Smart.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 18 Aug 2007 07:27:46 -0700, Robatoy
wrote:

That's fine by me...but YOU deal with Maxwell Smart.

For any who might be interested,

http://www.auburn.edu/~smith01/notes/maxdem.htm

is a reference to "Maxwell's Demon". Although I'll readily admit that
contemplation of Agent 99 and Mrs. Peel Is much more the stuff dreams
are made of.

Tom Veatch
Wichita, KS
USA
Posted to rec.woodworking

Robatoy wrote:

(Taking my shoe off and calling the Chief.)

ROFL so hard it Hz!

Give it up, Max - one switch from positive to negative plus one
switch from negative to positive is two switches per cycle.

Check with Emma Peel - she'll set you straight.

The cycle starts of at 0 degrees and rotates to a max positive at
90
degrees then positive diminishes to 0 at 180 degrees. Then at 270
degrees max negative diminishing to 0 at 360 degrees.
Or, as the Chief says; "One positive lump. followd by a negative
hump, polarity changes once."

I want to write more, but Emma is trying to strap me to the
bedposts.

Poor me....

Is that leather strap , thigh boots and spiky heels

Did Emma ever really wear thigh boots? Boots yes, but I seem to
remember the really high ones being on Tara King.

--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)