Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy Robatoy is offline

Default Electricity under water

On Aug 18, 4:37 am, (Robert Bonomi) wrote:
In article om,

Robatoy wrote:
On Aug 17, 12:43 pm, "Morris Dovey" wrote:
Robatoy wrote:

| (Taking my shoe off and calling the Chief.)

ROFL so hard it Hz!

Give it up, Max - one switch from positive to negative plus one switch
from negative to positive is two switches per cycle.

Check with Emma Peel - she'll set you straight.

The cycle starts of at 0 degrees and rotates to a max positive at 90
degrees then positive diminishes to 0 at 180 degrees. Then at 270
degrees max negative diminishing to 0 at 360 degrees.
Or, as the Chief says; "One positive lump. followd by a negative hump,
polarity changes once."

Tell me, if polarity only changes once, how does it get _back_ to the
original polarity for the start of the next cycle?

'zero-crossings' (a.k.a. as 'polarity reversals') happen every HALF-CYCLE.

Positive-to-negative (occuring at 180 degrees) is one reversal
Negative to positive (occuring at 360 degrees) is a _second_ reversal.

Only _after_ reaching the 360 degree point are you back to 'status quo ante',
for the start of the next cycle.- Hide quoted text -

That's fine by me...but YOU deal with Maxwell Smart.