Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Mounting Old Linoleum on stained wood:

Not sure where to post this???

I have some old, worn, rustic linoleum. Some of it looks like it's
pressed onto a rough burlap / type material.

I'd like to stain some hardwood plywood, and "mount" the linoleum
pieces to it. Then put some sort of coating over the linoleum. These
will be hung on the wall. Here are my questions:

How should I "mount" the linoleum to the stained wood? Some type of
spray adhesive? Can I use Polyurethane to mount it?

How should I "coat over" the linoleum? Will Polyurethane work there
too? I could poly the wood and linoleum in one shot?

How about that stuff that you can put items in, so when it dries, it
looks like they are "floating" in the solid. I've seen tabletops like
that. Might that stuff work?

Thanks for your input...