Posted to rec.woodworking
Joe Joe is offline

Default router bit source

Does anyone have a source for a 40mm core box router bit? I've DAGS and not
found anything.

For the imperially-minded, this is roughly 1 37/64 inches.

If you find it on google, I submit to your superior searching skills.

TIA,

Joe

Posted to rec.woodworking
Joe Joe is offline

I'd take a 1 5/8, but that's as far off as I can go.

Thanks,

Joe

"Leuf" wrote in message
On Tue, 24 Jul 2007 02:14:44 GMT, "Joe" wrote:

Does anyone have a source for a 40mm core box router bit? I've DAGS and
not
found anything.

For the imperially-minded, this is roughly 1 37/64 inches.

Whiteside has a 1-1/2" and a 1-3/4" if that's close enough and you can
use 1/2" shank bits.

-Leuf

Posted to rec.woodworking

Joe wrote:
| I'd take a 1 5/8, but that's as far off as I can go.

Joe...

MLCS (www.mlcswoodworking.com) has #8727 1-5/8 inch Core Box bit that
you might be able to take to a sharpening service and ground to 40mm.

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

Posted to rec.woodworking
Joe Joe is offline

The application is more exact than either 1 1/2 or 1 3/4. That's why I need
a 40mm.

jc

"JeffB" wrote in message
Why does it have to be 40mm instead of 38mm - 1 1/2" or 44mm - 1 3/4", all
of which you must have found already...

Can you make the cut in two passes? Are you willing to have a custom bit
made?
--
JeffB
remove no.spam. to email

Joe wrote:
Does anyone have a source for a 40mm core box router bit? I've DAGS and
not found anything.

For the imperially-minded, this is roughly 1 37/64 inches.

If you find it on google, I submit to your superior searching skills.

TIA,

Joe

Posted to rec.woodworking
Joe Joe is offline

"Morris Dovey" wrote in message
Joe wrote:
| I'd take a 1 5/8, but that's as far off as I can go.

Joe...

MLCS (www.mlcswoodworking.com) has #8727 1-5/8 inch Core Box bit that
you might be able to take to a sharpening service and ground to 40mm.

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar
DeSoto, Iowa USA
http://www.iedu.com/DeSoto/

Got it. Thanks Morris! I'm going to try it first at 1 5/8, and if that
doesn't work, I know someone who'll grind it to 40mm.

Thanks again,

Joe

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Joe" wrote in message
news
Does anyone have a source for a 40mm core box router bit? I've DAGS and
not found anything.

For the imperially-minded, this is roughly 1 37/64 inches.

If you find it on google, I submit to your superior searching skills.

TIA,

There are some places that will custom make whatever you want.
http://www.ridgecarbidetool.com/cust...9d01729af102a8