Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Information about a STANLEY Liberty Bell plane No. 76

Hi
I live in New Zealand and I have uncovered a what I think is a STANLEY
Liberty Bell plane NO. 76 in my Grandfathers Shed and can find no
information about it. Does anybody know anything about this type of
plane or if it was made.

Thanks
Kiwi_bloke

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 18 Jul 2007 19:39:32 -0700, wrote:
Hi
I live in New Zealand and I have uncovered a what I think is a STANLEY
Liberty Bell plane NO. 76 in my Grandfathers Shed and can find no
information about it. Does anybody know anything about this type of
plane or if it was made.

Thanks
Kiwi_bloke

Maybe a #104? From
http://supertool.com/StanleyBG/stan12.htm:

The unmistakable lever cap has a Liberty Bell, with the number "76",
cast into it. The reason why, is left as an exercise for the reader.
The planes are often referred to as "Liberty Bells" by the tool
collecting boys. Again, the reason why is left as an exercise for the
reader.

--
Art Greenberg
artg at eclipse dot net

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jul 18, 10:39 pm, wrote:
Hi
I live in New Zealand and I have uncovered a what I think is a STANLEY
Liberty Bell plane NO. 76 in my Grandfathers Shed and can find no
information about it. Does anybody know anything about this type of
plane or if it was made.

The 76 was a reference to the patent date application and not the
plane model number. That's probably what's throwing you off. There
are a couple of possibilities. Like this?
http://cgi.ebay.com/VINTAGE-STANLEY-...mZ140136606073
Or this? http://www.classictools.co.uk/eng/au...hp?AuItemID=80

I suspect you have the second type which is more valuable than the
first. You should still hold off on dropping the deposit for the
Ferrari.

Stanley Plane Locutus Woodworking 13 December 20th 06 07:29 PM
Stanley 50 combination plane stanley_clifton Woodworking 0 September 26th 06 10:13 PM
Re Help ID Stanley C559 MP Plane srazor Woodworking 0 August 16th 04 06:04 AM
Stanley 190 rabbet plane Todd Seidenberg Woodworking 1 November 26th 03 09:23 PM