Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Versatech battery refurbish

I opened one of my Versatech batteries up. It was quite easy and only
required cutting the end off after removing the plastic cap. The
problem is that it is NOT a sub C but very close. It is a custom size
of some sort. However, I saw on the internet that someone was
rebuilding these, so the batteries must be available. I have a link
to a drawing I made. The dimensions are accurate. The battery really
is 21.85 mm in diameter. A sub C would not fit because the battery
case has a tight tolorance. Does anyone know where I can get NiCd and
NmH cells like these?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...echBattery.jpg

Posted to rec.woodworking

eganders wrote in
oups.com:

I opened one of my Versatech batteries up. It was quite easy and only
required cutting the end off after removing the plastic cap. The
problem is that it is NOT a sub C but very close. It is a custom size
of some sort. However, I saw on the internet that someone was
rebuilding these, so the batteries must be available. I have a link
to a drawing I made. The dimensions are accurate. The battery really
is 21.85 mm in diameter. A sub C would not fit because the battery
case has a tight tolorance. Does anyone know where I can get NiCd and
NmH cells like these?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...rVeratechBatte
ry.jpg

Digi-key sells a battery that's close ( a sub C cell at 22.0mm dia)
http://dkc3.digikey.com/PDF/T072/1986.pdf
http://dkc3.digikey.com/PDF/T072/1984.pdf

They also offer a pack building service

http://dkc3.digikey.com/PDF/T072/1985.pdf

good luck

refurbish a painted deck... HankC Home Repair 4 November 8th 06 01:03 AM
Table top refurbish PVR Home Repair 3 October 30th 05 07:07 PM
Table top refurbish PVR Woodworking 2 October 27th 05 04:00 PM
kitchen cabients to refurbish cabinet-guy UK diy 1 September 13th 05 01:54 AM
door refurbish Cuprager UK diy 5 February 15th 05 01:00 PM