Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Want My Old WOOD Magazines?

The packrat in me has been overcome by lack of space and the
convenience of the computer. I barely find time to read the new
magazine when it comes out, much less paw through the old ones. I
have about 124 back issues of WOOD magazine that need to find a good
home.

The earliest is issue 16, published in April, 1987. They are almost
sequential, with a skip here and there until November, 1999, with a 3-
year gap until November, 2002. They pick back up in November, 2002
and run until issue 177, in May, 2007 with several missing issues here
and there. Present and accounted for are issues 16-20, 22-55, 57-100,
102-114, 116, 119, 145-148, 150-158, 160-163, 166, 168-174, 176,
177.

These are used magazines that have been read, tossed around, thumbed
through, etc. A plan or two (but not many) may have been ripped out
if it suited me. At least one issue is missing its cover; you get the
picture.

I figure the whole stack weighs in about 60 pounds. Shipping UPS
won't be cheap, and I ain't goin' down to the part of town where the
freight yard is without a knife and a gun.

I haven't gone back to them to look for projects in years, but I can't
bear to throw them out. I'd like some fellow woodworker with more
room and time to have them.

Does anybody want them bad enough to pay shipping?

DonkeyHody
"I'd rather expect the best of people and be wrong than expect the
worst and be right."

Posted to rec.woodworking

In article . com, DonkeyHody wrote:
The packrat in me has been overcome by lack of space and the
convenience of the computer. I barely find time to read the new
magazine when it comes out, much less paw through the old ones. I
have about 124 back issues of WOOD magazine that need to find a good
home.

[...]
Does anybody want them bad enough to pay shipping?

Maybe... where are ya?

--
Regards,

Posted to rec.woodworking

Does anybody want them bad enough to pay shipping?

Maybe... where are ya?

Near Jackson, Mississippi.

DonkeyHody

Posted to rec.woodworking

ROY! wrote:
!
I hope he doesn't drink "Pasión Azteca-Platinum & Gold" Tequila...

http://www.ley925.com/page_1143846005343.html

$225,000.00 US dollars per bottle! ;-)

Whoah!! Good thing that stuff isn't available in a 6 pack!
What makes it so expensive?
Naive minds want to know.

The bottle is made of platinum & gold.

The tequila is good tequila ... but it's just tequila. For $225 grand, I
expect more than a hangover!

Bill 8-)

--
I'm not not at the above address.
http://nmwoodworks.com

---
Virus Database (VPS): 000757-3, 07/17/2007
Tested on: 7/18/2007 2:40:47 AM

Posted to rec.woodworking

ROY! wrote:

Whoah!! Good thing that stuff isn't available in a 6 pack!
What makes it so expensive?
Naive minds want to know.

The bottle deposit. 8-)

--
I'm not not at the above address.
http://nmwoodworks.com

---
Virus Database (VPS): 000757-3, 07/17/2007
Tested on: 7/18/2007 2:41:33 AM

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jul 16, 10:40 pm, DonkeyHody wrote:
[...]

Maybe you could drop them off in a collection box for GI's stationed
overseas. They do request magazines.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jul 17, 12:10 pm, ROY! wrote:
On Tue, 17 Jul 2007 12:05:54 GMT, (Doug Miller)
wrote:

In article . com, DonkeyHody wrote:
The packrat in me has been overcome by lack of space and the
convenience of the computer. I barely find time to read the new
magazine when it comes out, much less paw through the old ones. I
have about 124 back issues of WOOD magazine that need to find a good
home.

[...]
Does anybody want them bad enough to pay shipping?

I'd be happy to pay shipping and send you a 6 pack of your favorite
beverage.

Roy!

Send an email to with your zip code and I'll
check UPS for charges. I'll get back to you within a few days.

DonkeyHody

Posted to rec.woodworking

I'd be happy to pay shipping and send you a 6 pack of your favorite
beverage.

Roy!

And the Lucky Winner is . . . ROY!
Assuming I get a check in the mail soon, your prize will be on its
way.

DonkeyHody
"The cheapest things in life are free."

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 20 Jul 2007 05:03:20 -0700, DonkeyHody
wrote:

I'd be happy to pay shipping and send you a 6 pack of your favorite
beverage.

Roy!

And the Lucky Winner is . . . ROY!
Assuming I get a check in the mail soon, your prize will be on its
way.

DonkeyHody
"The cheapest things in life are free."

Thanks, Mr Hody. The check's in the mail, REALLY.
Posted to rec.woodworking

And the Lucky Winner is . . . ROY!
Assuming I get a check in the mail soon, your prize will be on its
way.

DonkeyHody
"The cheapest things in life are free."

Thanks, Mr Hody. The check's in the mail, REALLY.

I assume you read the fine print about the $495 handling fee.

DonkeyHody
"There ain't no such thing as a free lunch."

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 20 Jul 2007 14:40:33 -0700, DonkeyHody
wrote:

And the Lucky Winner is . . . ROY!
Assuming I get a check in the mail soon, your prize will be on its
way.

DonkeyHody
"The cheapest things in life are free."

Thanks, Mr Hody. The check's in the mail, REALLY.

I assume you read the fine print about the $495 handling fee.

DonkeyHody
"There ain't no such thing as a free lunch."

Missed that. No problem. I'll get another check in the mail today. Do
you mind if I post date it? ;-)

FS: Shop Notes magazines & Woodsmith Magazines Rick Stein Woodworking 0 May 21st 05 06:30 PM
FS: HSM Magazines Bill Fill Metalworking 3 December 14th 04 11:03 PM
Magazines Lucek Electronics Repair 3 November 19th 04 04:11 PM
Wood magazines Idea Shop #3 Size question acolic Woodworking 0 June 17th 04 08:02 PM
Magazines? Norm UK diy 4 October 26th 03 11:08 PM