Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.woodworking
10x 10x is offline

Default Good Customer Service

My neighbor is moving out and was clearing out his shop/shed. He gave
me his old work light. You know the kind; yellow stand with three legs
and twin 500w lights on top. It wasn't the Harbor Freight one as it
seemed a little sturdier than that.

One of the leg hinges was broken. As it was a cast white metal piece, I
knew it wasn't likely fixable. The company's name (Designers Edge) and
phone number was on the light. What the heck, I took a chance. I gave
them a call, and a real person answered. After being on hold for only
3 minutes, customer service is sending a complete hinge mechanism free
of charge.

I know it's not a major gloat, but it sure put a smile on my face for
the rest of the day.

Joe

aka 10x

Customer service Jim Hall Woodturning 0 November 10th 06 03:05 PM
B.E.S.Customer Service . Stuart UK diy 1 October 11th 06 03:54 PM
Good Customer Service Howard Woodworking 0 December 21st 05 10:43 PM
LN Customer Service Tom Banes Woodworking 20 July 26th 05 12:51 AM
[OT] Good customer service Rod Hewitt UK diy 2 January 13th 05 10:57 AM