DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Good Customer Service (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/206139-good-customer-service.html)

10x July 11th 07 12:15 PM

Good Customer Service

My neighbor is moving out and was clearing out his shop/shed. He gave
me his old work light. You know the kind; yellow stand with three legs
and twin 500w lights on top. It wasn't the Harbor Freight one as it
seemed a little sturdier than that.

One of the leg hinges was broken. As it was a cast white metal piece, I
knew it wasn't likely fixable. The company's name (Designers Edge) and
phone number was on the light. What the heck, I took a chance. I gave
them a call, and a real person answered. After being on hold for only
3 minutes, customer service is sending a complete hinge mechanism free
of charge.

I know it's not a major gloat, but it sure put a smile on my face for
the rest of the day.

Joe

aka 10x

Lee Michaels July 11th 07 03:14 PM

Good Customer Service

"10x" told us a tale of good customer service

I know it's not a major gloat, but it sure put a smile on my face for
the rest of the day.

What a pleasant surprise.

I would term this a minor miracle.