Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Cloudy Polyurethane Finish

I have recently stripped and restaind an oak table but when I put the
Polyurethane on and sanded after the first application the sanding
left my table cloudy. How can I fix this without starting over?

Thank You,

Judd

Posted to rec.woodworking

gittymoe wrote:

| I have recently stripped and restaind an oak table but when I put
| the Polyurethane on and sanded after the first application the
| sanding left my table cloudy. How can I fix this without starting
| over?

If it wasn't cloudy before the sanding, I think I'd try wiping
/rubbing on the very lightest possible coating of poly with a clean,
soft cloth - and plan on using a finer grit of paper the next time.

*Important* - I'd try it on scrap first!

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

Posted to rec.woodworking

gittymoe wrote:
I have recently stripped and restaind an oak table but when I put
the Polyurethane on and sanded after the first application the
sanding left my table cloudy. How can I fix this without starting
over?

Cloudy? As in "all scratched up from the sanding"? Put on another
coat of urethane.

--

dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

Posted to rec.woodworking
mc mc is offline

"dadiOH" wrote in message
newsh8ki.568$mS3.507@trnddc03...
gittymoe wrote:
I have recently stripped and restaind an oak table but when I put
the Polyurethane on and sanded after the first application the
sanding left my table cloudy. How can I fix this without starting
over?

Cloudy? As in "all scratched up from the sanding"? Put on another
coat of urethane.

Right -- the sanding is supposed to make it look cloudy; the second coat
then clears it up immediately.