Posted to rec.woodworking

Default HF c-clamps..

Got the ad from HF, 4"c- clamps for $1.99, 50 pack of 12" latex gloves for
$6.99, might have to pick up some of each.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Jimmy wrote:
Got the ad from HF, 4"c- clamps for $1.99, 50 pack of 12" latex gloves for
$6.99, might have to pick up some of each.

I prefer the nitrile gloves over the latex as they are not degraded by
oil based products. It looks like Harbor Freight has a sale on the
extra large size. A box of 100 is now $5.99.

Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Nova" wrote in message

I prefer the nitrile gloves over the latex as they are not degraded by oil
based products. It looks like Harbor Freight has a sale on the extra
large size. A box of 100 is now $5.99.

I've searched for years for some that I like and finally bought a box of
Sam's branded (Member's Mark?) disposable nitrile the other day.

The first disposable glove I've ever used that took me through an entire
staining project without a tear ... even re-used one pair repeatedly
throughout a day of staining before I reluctantly threw them in the water
bucket with the rags.

Maybe just an abberation, but it almost makes up for some of the trash
consumer goods they sell at BORG's like Sam's.

What I don't like about HF's "C" clamps is not enough lip on the tail of the
"C", making them difficult to hang for storing.

Other than that, they do the job.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 6/1/07

Posted to rec.woodworking

Swingman wrote:

| What I don't like about HF's "C" clamps is not enough lip on the
| tail of the "C", making them difficult to hang for storing.

Hmm - have you considered hanging 'em with the handle /up/?

:-

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 07 Jul 2007 13:36:01 GMT, Nova wrote:

I prefer the nitrile gloves over the latex as they are not degraded by
oil based products.

I've found some of the really cheap gloves have no "cuff roll", for
lack of a better term, and tear really easy.

** http://www.bburke.com/woodworking.html **

Posted to rec.woodworking

Nova wrote:
Jimmy wrote:
Got the ad from HF, 4"c- clamps for $1.99, 50 pack of 12" latex gloves
for $6.99, might have to pick up some of each.

I prefer the nitrile gloves over the latex as they are not degraded by
oil based products. It looks like Harbor Freight has a sale on the
extra large size. A box of 100 is now $5.99.

Bought a box of these last year. I have pretty big mitts and the only
problem that I've had is occasionally tearing one when putting it on.

Once on, I've yet to had to re-glove. They will last the job out.

Not bad at all. They definitely seem to wear better than ANY latex
gloves yet you still have a pretty fair touch through them.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Unquestionably Confused wrote:

Nova wrote:

I prefer the nitrile gloves over the latex as they are not degraded by
oil based products. It looks like Harbor Freight has a sale on the
extra large size. A box of 100 is now $5.99.

Bought a box of these last year. I have pretty big mitts and the only
problem that I've had is occasionally tearing one when putting it on.

Right next to the box of gloves, I keep the container of baby powder - haven't
torn one yet putting it on or off unless I get really cheap and use the same
pair for several days.

--
It's turtles, all the way down
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 07 Jul 2007 11:17:34 GMT, "Jimmy" wrote:

Got the ad from HF, 4"c- clamps for $1.99, 50 pack of 12" latex gloves for
$6.99, might have to pick up some of each.

If you keep the clamps clean, you might not need the gloves..

You have 12" hands? Damn...

Sorry....

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

Got the ad from HF, 4"c- clamps for $1.99, 50 pack of 12" latex gloves for
$6.99, might have to pick up some of each.

If you keep the clamps clean, you might not need the gloves..

You have 12" hands? Damn...

Sorry....

Joke time!
What does a man with big hands and big feet have?

Big gloves and big shoes!
(what were you thinking?!)
Greg

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

Got the ad from HF, 4"c- clamps for $1.99, 50 pack of 12" latex gloves

for
$6.99, might have to pick up some of each.

If you keep the clamps clean, you might not need the gloves..

You have 12" hands? Damn...

Sorry....

That's not a hand, it's a foot.

B.