Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.woodworking

Default Plumbing access through top of tub surround?

I am installing a whirlpool tub into an alcove, where the center wall
is an exterior wall. There is room to have about a 6" surround on each
side of the tub, or I could have it off-center and go up to 9" on one
side.

SWMBO wants the fixtures on the middle (exterior) wall, and I'm trying
to decide if it's even possible with a topside plumbing access. Not
only would it have to be large enough to facilitate installation and
potentially repair, it would also still need to seal.

I'm building the surround out of some leftover brazilian cherry we
have from the stair remodel (I build box newels for that).

Is this possible, or is it just as bad of an idea as it feels like?
Should I consider an outside plumbing access? This is a 2nd floor
master bath, stick-framed, with a brick vernier exterior.

The other alternative is to just install the fixtures on the front
side, but you'd have to get in around them, and they wouldn't be as
nice to look at.

Thanks!

-Mike

Plumbing Code - Can I tie my bathroom exaust fan into the main plumbing vent to the outside. johnnymo Home Repair 29 December 9th 18 02:08 AM
Fire surround value? [email protected] UK diy 7 April 11th 06 02:32 PM
Fire surround Rob UK diy 0 February 27th 06 02:41 PM
Bath Tub Surround mcp6453 Home Repair 3 October 31st 04 06:16 PM
Tub Surround Sputnik Home Repair 2 August 26th 04 01:37 AM