Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Looking for a fench for an old Sears Bandsaw

I wonder if anyone has a fence for an old Sears
bandsaw they'd like to sell. The model number
is 113.248320.

It works great. I got it cheap. But it would be
real nice if I could find a fence because there's
no place to clamp on one side.

Also, if anyone has any tips on the care or use of
this particular model, I'd appreciate any help.

Thanks,

Mike

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 28 Jun, 09:21, Michael wrote:
I wonder if anyone has a fence for an old Sears
bandsaw they'd like to sell. The model number
is 113.248320.

It works great. I got it cheap. But it would be
real nice if I could find a fence because there's
no place to clamp on one side.

Also, if anyone has any tips on the care or use of
this particular model, I'd appreciate any help.

Thanks,

Mike

Not sure if this will help....

I used a fence and guide rail from an old benchtop table saw on my
Sears Band Saw. I drilled through the front of the bandsaw table and
mounted the rail with some bolts and spacers to give the fence room to
lock on and slide. The fence only attaches to the rail, not the rear
of the table, so I'll sometimes clamp the other end of the fence to
keep it from flexing.

It was done so long ago I can't remember what model saw the fence came
from.