Junior Member

Default sharpening

When I'm sharpening a turning gouge or skew should the bevek be flat or concave? Does it make a difference?
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mon, 25 Jun 2007 15:11:02 +0100, tim_0106
wrote:

When I'm sharpening a turning gouge or skew should the bevek be flat or
concave? Does it make a difference?

Sort of the wrong group...
please join us in rec.crafts.woodturning

As with most turning questions, I'd advise going to Darrell Feltmates site:

http://aroundthewoods.com/sharpening01.html

He has sections for almost any type of turning question and is very helpful..

I have skews sharpened in about 5 or 6 different ways, depending on their use..
This comes from a lot of it is practice and personal preference, but the
traditional skew is a flat bevel, to ride on the wood as you cut..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing
Posted to rec.woodworking

"tim_0106" wrote in message

When I'm sharpening a turning gouge or skew should the bevek be flat or
concave? Does it make a difference?

Not to the wood.

Sharpening Tip Joe Bleau Woodworking 0 January 9th 07 04:02 AM
Saw Sharpening Gwidman Woodworking 14 December 8th 06 03:53 PM
Sharpening Dr. Deb Woodturning 2 March 10th 06 08:30 PM
do you use a sharpening jig??? Graeme :\) Woodturning 32 November 6th 05 12:53 PM
Sharpening buckaroo Woodturning 21 December 6th 03 06:55 PM