Clint Neufeld

Default Places to go in beautiful downtown Minneapolis this upcoming week?

Heading there for a conference, and as I see it, I have two choices. Get
drunk with computer geek cow-orkers, or do some wandering. Or is that not a
good idea down there? Wood-working related or not, places of interest would
be appreciated...

Clint

Bob Gramza

"Clint Neufeld" wrote in message news:Ot06b.3569$J6.730@pd7tw3no...
: Heading there for a conference, and as I see it, I have two choices. Get
: drunk with computer geek cow-orkers, or do some wandering. Or is that not a
: good idea down there? Wood-working related or not, places of interest would
: be appreciated...
:
: Clint
:
:
Cabelas, south of Minneapolis.
Lake Minnetonka - Restaurant/bar on East end with huge deck on the water. Cannot remember the name
though.
Mall of America - just to wander around for a while.Walk off some of that excessive food and drink
you will partake in.

Bob Gramza

"Bob Gramza" wrote in message
y.com...
:
: "Clint Neufeld" wrote in message news:Ot06b.3569$J6.730@pd7tw3no...
: : Heading there for a conference, and as I see it, I have two choices. Get
: : drunk with computer geek cow-orkers, or do some wandering. Or is that not a
: : good idea down there? Wood-working related or not, places of interest would
: : be appreciated...
: :
: : Clint
: :
: :
: Cabelas, south of Minneapolis.
: Lake Minnetonka - Restaurant/bar on East end with huge deck on the water. Cannot remember the
name
: though.
: Mall of America - just to wander around for a while.Walk off some of that excessive food and drink
: you will partake in.
:
:
I overlooked the Downtown Minneapolis part...
:

Nate B

"Bob Gramza"

Cabelas
Lake Minnetonka
Mall of America

All of these are quite far from downtown.

I like the lakes, and surrounding gardens, etc. You can probably still rent
a bike around either Harriet or Calhoun. This would be a full day kind of
activity.

The Walker Art Center (Museum..) is also pretty cool. The outdoor displays
there are pretty famous. There is also a nice park nearby, with food on
Hennipen, about 1 mile away. This would take about 4 hours, though I've
swept through just the outdoor stuff in under 1 hour. They have a website
that should be an easy find.

In the evening, some like the club scene around 1st avenue - youth, music,
etc. Riverplace (St. Anthony Main) is also a good night spot with a more
restraunts, less kids, dining kind of scene.

I haven't lived there in over 7 years, so all the above may have burned to
the ground...

- Nate

vmtw

"Clint Neufeld" wrote in message news:Ot06b.3569$J6.730@pd7tw3no...
Heading there for a conference, and as I see it, I have two choices. Get
drunk with computer geek cow-orkers, or do some wandering. Or is that not a
good idea down there? Wood-working related or not, places of interest would
be appreciated...

Clint

Great old hardware store in St Paul. http://www.7cornershdwe.com/
Lots of woodworking equipment

There is also a Woodcraft and 4 Rocklers stores.

Scott
www.vmtw.com

jo4hn

Ya and then I still got a lot of kinfolk there, ya know? I send you a
list and you look them up, you betcha. They treat you to a nice
lutefisk dinner or maybe some brown meat and potatoes. Then a night at
the Sons of Knute Lodge. Ya sure. Whoop de doo.
mahalo,
johnson