Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Plans for Recycle/Garbage Bin

Would like to get some plans for a Recycle/Garbage bin. Did a google search
but there is not much there. Some measurements and pictures would be great.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Maybe a compost bin would be the place to start...

http://www.gardenorganic.org.uk/factsheets/gg24.php
Gardenorganic

http://www.digitalseed.com/composter...palletbin.html
Digitalseed

http://www.digitalseed.com/composter...ckablebin.html
Digitalseed

http://www.solidwastedistrict.com/pr...bin_barrel.htm
Solid Waste District

or if not....

Paper recyling bin at http://canadianhomeworkshop.com/proj...ecycling.shtml

or maybe...

http://www.wolmanizedwood.com/gardenprojects.shtml.

Barry
www.woodworking.wizkids.co.uk

Posted to rec.woodworking

The last thing I want to do is void your original question Sam. But I am
composing a message for http://forums2.gardenweb.com/forums/soil/ .

Does any of this look familiar?
Can anyone add anything?

Shape, size, materials of design, build centre for composting of 1700 sq.ft.
of clippings

I need guidance to design a composting centre for my 1700 sq. ft. of
Kentucky Bluegrass, no grass pickup anymore. I'm handy and have a table saw.
I have no other areas inconspicuous, so I want a minimum, enclose the pile
and everything for smell and sight. I'm guessing 36"W, 40"H, 22"D, back up
against a fence, no access issues. I don't know if I need a hinged or angled
top; any top, front or side doors; solid or slat wall(s). I will have access
to fall leaves, kitchen scraps, daily newspapers, coffee shops, and willing
to tailor ingredients. Am I right in assuming I need not consider the
material of the enclosure for heat? I don't know how big this pile will be
before I can take compost out. I think the centre will hold a single compost
pile, with a ("separate?") area for storage of bags of leaves or grass in
there for future use. I don't know the what when where how much for extra
storage in the centre, and how much bigger than the pile to make it. I just
need the support for the 1700 sq. ft. of weekly clippings. So I may need a
dividing wall, I don't know, the pile and storage area(s) &/or walls could
be dynamic/movable? The compost pile itself will need the 3 other solid
walls and a top if I am ever to enclose it. But for the rest does it all
need solid exterior walls, of exterior plywood, or are there other
materials. And for the storage area, can I use slats, and must they be wood
(cedar?)? Do the future bags in storage smell bad; stored in sealed bags, or
let dry out? I'll be Just-In-Time cycling. I'm in Toronto; winter and snow.
What about critters?

"Sam Spade" wrote in message
Would like to get some plans for a Recycle/Garbage bin. Did a google
search but there is not much there. Some measurements and pictures would
be great.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Cut more often? Use a muching blade kit? I cut lots of lawns with no
bagging. Lots that I bagged though. It depends on if I keep up with
the lawn or not. Mulching on the lawn puts nutrients back in to the
soil instead of taking it away.

Composting is going to toss off some smell. We just tossed the grass
in a pile. or we put it in the garden along the rows of corn to keep
the weeds down, to let fertilizer back in to the corn, and to keep
moisure in the earth. A yard that tiny you could cut twice a week and
never worry about thatch.

On Mon, 18 Jun 2007 12:54:34 -0400, "bent" wrote:

[...]

.. .