Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Chair Design

Howdy All,
I've been looking for resources on wood chair design. Google turned
up 6 dead ends, thus I turn to this group. I have several books, but they
don't address the basics very well and are more interested in the "fussy"
type of chair, rahter than the basic. Thanks in advance
Posted to rec.woodworking

"KarlB" wrote in message
. ..
Howdy All,
I've been looking for resources on wood chair design. Google turned
up 6 dead ends, thus I turn to this group. I have several books, but they
don't address the basics very well and are more interested in the "fussy"
type of chair, rahter than the basic. Thanks in advance

Fine Woodworking, Jeff MIller - author, Taunton Press

Posted to rec.woodworking

"KarlB" wrote in message
Howdy All,
I've been looking for resources on wood chair design. Google turned
up 6 dead ends, thus I turn to this group. I have several books, but they
don't address the basics very well and are more interested in the "fussy"
type of chair, rahter than the basic. Thanks in advance

Taunton's website, while not free, has a world of information on chair
building and design that is worth the price of admission, IMO.

http://www.taunton.com/finewoodworki...ion/index.aspx

For a blow by blow of a roll-ur-own project/design, and perhaps some ideas
along the way, take a look at Projects, page 10, on my website below.

Let me know if you have any questions.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 6/1/07

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jun 3, 4:40 pm, KarlB wrote:
Howdy All,
I've been looking for resources on wood chair design. Google turned
up 6 dead ends, thus I turn to this group. I have several books, but they
don't address the basics very well and are more interested in the "fussy"
type of chair, rahter than the basic. Thanks in advance

This is quite possibly the worst spec I've ever seen. A chair could be
anything from a upside down milk crate to an imperial throne. Since
you don't want something fussy, that rules out the latter. Still the
variation is huge. Taunton has a book that includes a pretty basic
slat back dining chair with an upholstered seat. The book itself is a
collage of Fine Woodworking articles. It might be a good place to
start.

Jeff

Posted to rec.woodworking

In article nUF8i.4160$V01.2421@trnddc02,
"Lowell Holmes" wrote:

"KarlB" wrote in message
. ..
Howdy All,
I've been looking for resources on wood chair design. Google turned
up 6 dead ends, thus I turn to this group. I have several books, but they
don't address the basics very well and are more interested in the "fussy"
type of chair, rahter than the basic. Thanks in advance

Fine Woodworking, Jeff MIller - author, Taunton Press

Try "The Chairmaker's Workshop" by Drew Langsner for Windsor &
Post-and-Rung chairs.

Charles Rennie Mackintosh chair design (drowings) documentation [email protected] Woodworking 0 May 10th 06 12:42 PM
high chair design john Woodturning 3 January 17th 06 10:59 AM
Cabinet, Furniture Design Software, Autodesk QuickCAD v8.0, Punch Software Home Design Architectural Series 18 v6.0, SOLID V3.5 - CABINET VISION, Cabinet Design Centre v7.0 - Cubit, 20-20 Kitchen Design V6.1,Cabinet Vision Solid, Planit Millennium II athens.gr. Woodturning 0 September 3rd 04 07:45 AM
Cabinet, Furniture Design Software, Autodesk QuickCAD v8.0, Punch Software Home Design Architectural Series 18 v6.0, SOLID V3.5 - CABINET VISION, Cabinet Design Centre v7.0 - Cubit, 20-20 Kitchen Design V6.1,Cabinet Vision Solid, Planit Millennium II athens.gr. Home Repair 0 September 3rd 04 07:44 AM
Trash(ed) Chair: Design Problems Lawrence L'Hote Woodworking 3 February 4th 04 09:00 AM