Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
jm

Default Heirloom furniture with plywood?

Let me say upfront. I don't know what makes a piece of furniture valuable
or an "heirloom." But I bought this months edition of Woodsmith and in it
is a plan for a chest of drawers with the casing made of plywood. There
were other items with plywood also.

Doesn't "real" fancy furniture that becomes and anitque or and heirloom have
a solid wood base and case? Doesn't plywood make it "cheap." Sorry if this
offends some of you. I really just am curious if solid wood could be used
as a substitute for the plywood an give it real lasting value. But I am
sure that would make it cost much more to build. How much I don't know.

Thanks for commenting.