Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Craft in America

This TV show was discussed in another thread. Here's a site where you can
enter a zip code or select a state for additional viewing dates & times:

http://www.pbs.org/craftinamerica/ai...html?edit_st=y

It's a series of three one-hour shows focusing on a variety of crafts. The
woodworking segments are awesome, and feature Maloof and Nakashima. I also
enjoyed the blacksmiths, sculptors, and potters. Didn't much care for the
quilting, basketweaving, and jewelry making, but that's just me. Definitely
worth a look. Enjoy.

Buddy

Posted to rec.woodworking

Thanks Buddy!

Robert

Posted to rec.woodworking

There is also a web site: http://www.craftinamerica.org/exhibition/?

One of the episodes, "Community"(?), talks about artist's communities and
schools. Wish they had talked more about *how* these students are taught.
I'm also as interested in the TOOLS artists and craftsmen use as the
artists and their products.