Posted to rec.woodworking

Default wood finish suggestions

I have a large (800 sq ft) covered porch with 1 x 4 tg clear fir flooring.
I'm in the process of refinishing it and would like to go with a clear
finish. It's in the pacific north west so it gets wet in the winter even
though it's covered. and I don't want to refinish it every year. Any
suggestions?

Terry

Posted to rec.woodworking

Terry Kangas wrote:
I have a large (800 sq ft) covered porch with 1 x 4 tg clear fir
flooring. I'm in the process of refinishing it and would like to go
with a clear finish. It's in the pacific north west so it gets wet
in the winter even though it's covered. and I don't want to
refinish it every year. Any suggestions?

I'd probably use boiled linseed oil for its ease in initial
application and renewal. Next choice would probably be polyurethane
varnish...more durable but much harder to renew if you let it get bad.

--

dadiOH

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...