Posted to rec.woodworking
J T J T is offline

Default INSPIRATION - Pirolette

http://www.turnyourhead.com/pirolette.php

Sounds pretty stupid to me, and I betcha they're not selling too
mnny at that price.

JOAT
What is life without challenge and a constant stream of new
humiliations?
- Peter Egan

Posted to rec.woodworking

On May 13, 11:28 pm, (J T) wrote:
http://www.turnyourhead.com/pirolette.php

Sounds pretty stupid to me, and I betcha they're not selling too
mnny at that price.

People spent millions (maybe billions) on pet rocks, I'm sure there is
a customer base for 'personalized art'. Who wouldn't throw in an
extra $20 for a little spot to store Junior's first clipping?

Posted to rec.woodworking

RayV wrote in news:1179143790.877013.324090
@e51g2000hsg.googlegroups.com:

On May 13, 11:28 pm, (J T) wrote:
http://www.turnyourhead.com/pirolette.php

Sounds pretty stupid to me, and I betcha they're not selling too
mnny at that price.

People spent millions (maybe billions) on pet rocks, I'm sure there is
a customer base for 'personalized art'. Who wouldn't throw in an
extra $20 for a little spot to store Junior's first clipping?

It *is* kind of a neat idea, though I wonder why they don't offer a
hollowed version as a sort of goblet, or possibly lidded box. And, of
course, a hundred and fifty bucks is pretty steep. I'm gently amused at
the careful desciption of how much work is involved, and how much wood is
removed, and how long it takes for the finish to dry, as if to justify the
price...
Posted to rec.woodworking

Jim Willemin wrote in
6.78:

RayV wrote in news:1179143790.877013.324090
@e51g2000hsg.googlegroups.com:

It *is* kind of a neat idea, though I wonder why they don't offer a
hollowed version as a sort of goblet, or possibly lidded box. And, of
course, a hundred and fifty bucks is pretty steep. I'm gently amused
at the careful desciption of how much work is involved, and how much
wood is removed, and how long it takes for the finish to dry, as if to
justify the price...

....how long it takes to scan the image into the computer that controls the
CNC lathe...

Posted to rec.woodworking

I couldn't see myself buying one, no matter what the price! Who would want
one besides the stuck up rich? Maybe that's why such a piece of artistic
junk is priced so high?

Muzzleloader
"J T" wrote in message
http://www.turnyourhead.com/pirolette.php

Sounds pretty stupid to me, and I betcha they're not selling too
mnny at that price.

JOAT
What is life without challenge and a constant stream of new
humiliations?
- Peter Egan

Posted to rec.woodworking
CW CW is offline