Posted to rec.woodworking

Default carbide blades for planers?

Hey folks. I have my dewalt 733 planer that may need some new blades
soon. Granted, they were replaced recently, but they seem to dull
down so gosh darn quick. I saw infinity tools has planer blades that
are carbide tipped and had some blades that would fit a dw735 planer.
Anyone know if the 735 and 733 blades are the same blades? It would
be nice to get some carbides for the 733....
Thanks.
jason

Posted to rec.woodworking

jason wrote:
Hey folks. I have my dewalt 733 planer that may need some new blades
soon. Granted, they were replaced recently, but they seem to dull
down so gosh darn quick. I saw infinity tools has planer blades that
are carbide tipped and had some blades that would fit a dw735 planer.
Anyone know if the 735 and 733 blades are the same blades? It would
be nice to get some carbides for the 733....
Thanks.
jason

No they are not the same knives. The 735 uses three disposable knives.
The 733 has two resharpenable knives.

http://www.toolbarn.com/product/dewalt/DW7332/

http://www.toolbarn.com/product/dewalt/DW7332/

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

Posted to rec.woodworking

Nova wrote:

jason wrote:

Hey folks. I have my dewalt 733 planer that may need some new blades
soon. Granted, they were replaced recently, but they seem to dull
down so gosh darn quick. I saw infinity tools has planer blades that
are carbide tipped and had some blades that would fit a dw735 planer.
Anyone know if the 735 and 733 blades are the same blades? It would
be nice to get some carbides for the 733....
Thanks.
jason

No they are not the same knives. The 735 uses three disposable knives.
The 733 has two resharpenable knives.

http://www.toolbarn.com/product/dewalt/DW7332/

http://www.toolbarn.com/product/dewalt/DW7332/

Make that second link:

http://www.amazon.com/DEWALT-DW7352-.../dp/B0000CCXUB

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

Posted to rec.woodworking

In article Uo31i.14$He1.3@trndny04, Nova wrote:

No they are not the same knives. The 735 uses three disposable knives.
The 733 has two resharpenable knives.

The knives in the 735 aren't completely disposable. As long as you use a light
touch, removing no more metal than is absolutely necessary to restore a razor
edge, they can be resharpened -- perhaps re-honed is a better term -- at least
four times. I think I have only one more honing left on mine before I'll
finally have to discard them.

--
Regards,

Posted to rec.woodworking
bc bc is offline

On May 11, 1:48 pm, jason wrote:
Hey folks. I have my dewalt 733 planer that may need some new blades
soon. Granted, they were replaced recently, but they seem to dull
down so gosh darn quick. I saw infinity tools has planer blades that
are carbide tipped and had some blades that would fit a dw735 planer.
Anyone know if the 735 and 733 blades are the same blades? It would
be nice to get some carbides for the 733....
Thanks.
jason

Instead of Infinity try Global Tooling: http://globaltooling.bizhosting.com/index.html
They are a lot cheaper than Infinity and very helpful. I got my
carbide knives for 185.00 from global vrs. 259.00 from infinity. bc