C Carruth

Default ShopFox brand?

Anyone have experience with this brand, particulary drill press and bandsawW
Much appreciated..

Charlie Self

C. Carruth asks:

Anyone have experience with this brand, particulary drill press and bandsawW
Much appreciated..

I've got the 15". Good bandsaw, easy to set up and use. Has the usual crap
fence (better than nothing, but not much) that many bandsaws come with, but is
otherwise well made, good motor, tunes up easily, good capacities, reasonable
price.

For a good fence, check out www.mulecab.com.

Charlie Self

Sir Winston Churchill

Rich Stern

Anyone have experience with this brand, particulary drill press and bandsawW
Much appreciated..

I have the cabinet saw and 6" jointer. Very pleased with the quality of both
machines.

Rich S.
Young Carpenter

souped up version of Grizzly machines if that helps you.

--
Young Carpenter

plenty of practice, and you usually make way more noise than intended"

"C Carruth" wrote in message
. ..
Anyone have experience with this brand, particulary drill press and

bandsawW
Much appreciated..

Jim Weisgram

On Mon, 25 Aug 2003 06:17:28 GMT, "C Carruth"
wrote:

Anyone have experience with this brand, particulary drill press and bandsawW
Much appreciated..

You are aware that Shop Fox is the distributed line of machines made
by Grizzly (which is marketed mail order)? Not always identical, but
similar in terms of overal construction, fit and finish, etc. The
major difference seems to be paint color, so far as I know.

You can find out a lot about what people think of Grizzly by searching
the archives of this group at groups.google.com. Less so, Shop Fox.

By the way, I have a lower end Grizzly drill press. I have nothing to
compare it to, but it seems solid enough to me given the $200 price
tag. I also have the G1023SL table saw. It is also a solid piece of
machinery.