Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Amazon 20% off blades and bits

From Amazon.com:

"20% Instant Rebate on Blades and Bits Use promotional code 20OFFMAY
at checkout to save an extra 20% on the products shown here when
Amazon.com is the seller. Restrictions apply"

Just passing the word,

--- Chip

Posted to rec.woodworking
Bob Bob is offline

"Chip Buchholtz" wrote in message
From Amazon.com:

"20% Instant Rebate on Blades and Bits Use promotional code 20OFFMAY
at checkout to save an extra 20% on the products shown here when
Amazon.com is the seller. Restrictions apply"

Just passing the word,

Nice tip, Chip. I just checked.. Forrest Woodworker II bottom line price
with this discount $79.99 with free shipping - a great deal.

Thanks,
Bob

Posted to rec.woodworking

Bob wrote:
"Chip Buchholtz" wrote in message
From Amazon.com:

"20% Instant Rebate on Blades and Bits Use promotional code 20OFFMAY
at checkout to save an extra 20% on the products shown here when
Amazon.com is the seller. Restrictions apply"

Just passing the word,

Nice tip, Chip. I just checked.. Forrest Woodworker II bottom line price
with this discount $79.99 with free shipping - a great deal.

Thanks,
Bob

I may have to give my WWII a try again - I bought it some months back,
had 2 kickback incidents! Took it off and went back to a blade I bought
20 years ago. I just wasn't impressed. Also, I get a smoother cut with
other blades. JMHO

Harvey Wasserman
Posted to rec.woodworking

eclipsme wrote:

I may have to give my WWII a try again - I bought it some months back,
had 2 kickback incidents!

Blades don't cause kickback.

Badly aligned saws and fences, along with poor technique cause kickback.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Chip Buchholtz wrote:

"20% Instant Rebate on Blades and Bits Use promotional code 20OFFMAY
at checkout to save an extra 20% on the products shown here when
Amazon.com is the seller. Restrictions apply"

That helped get a much needed new Freud 12" blade for my miter saw
and a Freud "glue line" rip blade for my table saw. After discounts
and free shipping--$65 for both.

Thanks.

remove ".invalid".

Posted to rec.woodworking

Michael Faurot wrote:
: That helped get a much needed new Freud 12" blade for my miter saw
: and a Freud "glue line" rip blade for my table saw. After discounts
: and free shipping--$65 for both.

Do you mean $65 each, $130 for both?

I just saw Freud 10" 50t combo and Freud 12" 60t combo for $102 total,
a "buy together now" deal. I saw it when I looked at the 12".

--- Chip

Posted to rec.woodworking

On May 12, 12:44 pm, "Chip Buchholtz" wrote:
Michael Faurot wrote:

: That helped get a much needed new Freud 12" blade for my miter saw
: and a Freud "glue line" rip blade for my table saw. After discounts
: and free shipping--$65 for both.

Do you mean $65 each, $130 for both?

I just saw Freud 10" 50t combo and Freud 12" 60t combo for $102 total,
a "buy together now" deal. I saw it when I looked at the 12".

--- Chip

Barry is correct- blades do not cause kickbacks. I felt I had to
respond because I think my Forrest WoodWorker2 hung the moon. I have
used it for years to cut some exotic hardwoods- like ebony and
cocobolo, and it has always given me a mirror-smooth cut, with no
kickback problem.
Check the alignment of your blade to the fence and miter slot. Then
make sure your miter is square to the blade and you should not have a
kick back problem. Best Wishes- Donna Menke, author of The Ultimate
Band Saw Box Book, www.woodworks-by-donna

Posted to rec.woodworking

Chip Buchholtz wrote:
Michael Faurot wrote:
: That helped get a much needed new Freud 12" blade for my miter saw
: and a Freud "glue line" rip blade for my table saw. After discounts
: and free shipping--$65 for both.

Do you mean $65 each, $130 for both?

No. $65 for both.

remove ".invalid".
Posted to rec.woodworking

Chip Buchholtz wrote:

Do you mean $65 each, $130 for both?

I took another look at what I ordered, and realized I got the wrong
blade for my table saw. I had ordered a 12" 80 tooth Freud blade
(TK407) for $48.99 and a 12" 40 tooth "glue line" blade (LM74R012)
for $31.92. Oddly enough, the 10" version of Freud's "glue line"
rip blade would have been about $48 and more expensive.

I wound up canceling the 12" rip blade as I've got no use for a 12"
rip blade on my miter saw. Good thing I saw your post and
double-checked. Thanks.

remove ".invalid".
Posted to rec.woodworking

Michael Faurot wrote:

[...]

Donna,

I checked the setup several times. After switching back to my old blade,
no more problems ans at least as clean of a cut. I just found the WWII
to be nothing special. I wanted it to be, but was disappointed.

Harvey