Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Flushing inlay w/ router?

Having trouble understanding the concept, with the bit zeroed out and the
base running on the inlay arn't you back to square one. Think I will stick
with the scraper...mjh

"Stoutman" .@. wrote in message
When making an inlay I usually leave the inlay a little proud and sand it
flush. Sometimes this will leave the area filling uneven as a result of
the wood surrounding the inlay getting sanded lower in the process.

I recently tried flushing the inlay with the plunge router and a straight
bit by first zeroing the depth with the work piece surface. I then make
small passes over the inlay instantly making it flush with the work. I
wonder why I never thought of this nor never seen this done before (Marks
nor Nahm nor FWW).

Is there a reason it is not done?

--
Stoutman
www.garagewoodworks.com

How To Do Large Inlay? DonkeyHody Woodworking 12 December 23rd 06 05:38 PM
Toilet flushing problem [difficult flushing-possible vent problem] [email protected] Home Ownership 4 March 19th 05 10:30 AM
BUTTERFLY INLAY J T Woodworking 0 January 11th 05 06:26 AM
inlay directions bob kupferer Woodworking 1 October 21st 04 05:06 PM
Inlay glue? Darren Woodturning 4 July 16th 04 08:32 AM