Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Compact Reciprocating Saws

I was wondering if anybody might know the story about what happened to
all the 110-volt compact reciprocating
saws that used to be on the market. They were shorter than a standard
sawzall and thinner, but used the same
type of blade. I was going to buy one today and went to three
different bigboxes but all they had were the
cordless ones with the big battery that sticks out the bottom, and on
the internet all I could find was that
Milwaukee "Hatchet" saw, which is not the same as what I remember at
all. Unless I'm dreaming all this,
I'm sure I remember a plumber showing me one a few years back and
telling me how much he liked it. I
think there was a Bosch and a Porter-Cable. They were about 20
percent or so shorter than a Sawzall
and slimmer.