Rob V

Default Powermatic 208 20" Planer

Ihave the opportunity to pick up a just about brand new Powermatic Model 208
20" planer for about 1250 dollars.

Can someone give me some input on how the like this planer and is it worth
the price.

Thanks for the imput.

-Rob

Jamie Norwood

It is the same as the Jet and Grizzly and probably a dozen other
rebadged made in taiwan 20" planers. The grizzly is about 1200.00 new.
I have one, it is a pretty good planer. Worth it? If you need one and
like the powermatic name plate in your shop it is a fair price, but
nothing to write home about. Offer 800.00 bucks. I'll sell you my
Grizzly for 600.00 same machine.

Rob V wrote:

Ihave the opportunity to pick up a just about brand new Powermatic Model 208
20" planer for about 1250 dollars.

Can someone give me some input on how the like this planer and is it worth
the price.

Thanks for the imput.

-Rob

Dave W

All Powermatic's are not created equal, some are just Chinese junk others
are great machines.
A not so proud owner of the former,
Dave

Rob V wrote:

Ihave the opportunity to pick up a just about brand new Powermatic Model

208
20" planer for about 1250 dollars.

Can someone give me some input on how the like this planer and is it

worth
the price.

Thanks for the imput.

-Rob

Posted to rec.woodworking

Ive had a model number 208 Powermatic planer for about 16 years have not had any issues with it can I use it almost every day in my shop and Im a cabinet builder trim carpenter

--
For full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/woodwo...er-144445-.htm