David F. Eisan

Default New DP...

Dear All,

I picked up my new Delta 17-925 drill press on Monday and I must say it is
quite a machine. I got tired of running up against the 3" stroke of my
little 12" drill press so I bought one with a 6" stroke. It also has VS
which is nice, goes from 150 rpm to 3200 RPM.

I have played with it, using some big ass bits that would always stall the
1/3 HP of the 12" unit, that the 3/4 HP on the new unit spin no problem.

http://members.rogers.com/dfeisan/images/dps.jpg

I like my new drill press.

Thanks,

David.

rec.ww FAQ http://www.robson.org/woodfaq/
Archives http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search
Crowbar FAQ http://www.klownhammer.org/crowbar

mp

I picked up my new Delta 17-925 drill press on Monday and I must say it is
quite a machine. I got tired of running up against the 3" stroke of my
little 12" drill press so I bought one with a 6" stroke. It also has VS
which is nice, goes from 150 rpm to 3200 RPM.

I have played with it, using some big ass bits that would always stall the
1/3 HP of the 12" unit, that the 3/4 HP on the new unit spin no problem.

http://members.rogers.com/dfeisan/images/dps.jpg

I like my new drill press.

Geez. Control yourself, will you? You've got drool all over the camera lens.

LRod

On Thu, 21 Aug 2003 02:38:25 GMT, "David F. Eisan"
wrote:

I picked up my new Delta 17-925 drill press on Monday...

http://members.rogers.com/dfeisan/images/dps.jpg

I like my new drill press.

Looks just like mine. Great, isn't it? I discovered a new dimension in
heavy hardware getting that thing up in the air.

LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

http://www.woodbutcher.net

Bigpole

WOW David, you went from a bench top to that. That's like going from a
Yugo to a cadillac.
Could you have laid the drill press on it's side, put the head on and
then set it upright?

Ted

"David F. Eisan" wrote in message ble.rogers.com...
Dear Leon,

So uh Dave,,, knowing how you like to go with the theme, "bigger is

better",
did you have to cut a hole in the roof of your garage to get the DP in?

:~)

The biggest problem was lifting the head on. I am 6' and my friend who
helped me about 5'5", the two of us had to stand on ladders to lift the head
up there, and it weighs over 150# just by itself.

I must finish off my new bandsaw, 17" of resaw with a 3hp motor, now that is
a bandsaw...

Thanks,

David.

rec.ww FAQ http://www.robson.org/woodfaq/
Archives http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search
Crowbar FAQ http://www.klownhammer.org/crowbar

David F. Eisan

Everning Guys,

Could you have laid the drill press on it's side, put the head on and
then set it upright?

That's what I did with mine. It still took my beefy neighbor's help to
do it.

Arrg!

Where the hell were you two smart guys last night when I was trying to lift
half a drill press head that weighs more than me up a ladder!

I cannot believe I didn't think of the oh so obvious solution, DOH!

I will keep it in mind for next time.

.