Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Grizzly Workbench question

Has anyone tried the Grizzly H8110 workbench? I work full time and
just flat do not have time to build a workbench and continue with my
woodworking at the same time. This one looks nice but its companion
version with the sngle drawer didn't get a very good review from Fine
Woodworking. Anyone useing this pleae feel free to chime in.

Thanks - Phil
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 20 Apr 2007 08:56:34 -0800, Phillip Sikes wrote:

Has anyone tried the Grizzly H8110 workbench? I work full time and
just flat do not have time to build a workbench and continue with my
woodworking at the same time. This one looks nice but its companion
version with the sngle drawer didn't get a very good review from Fine
Woodworking. Anyone useing this pleae feel free to chime in.

Thanks - Phil

I would compare the bench weight to similar benches (7' x 2'). The
heavier the bench the more stable it should be. Off hand, the only
structural reservation I would have is that the vise specs don't seem to
provide opening widths, at least I would HOPE the tail vise will open more
than 6 inches.

John

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 22 Apr 2007 02:50:02 -0700, John wrote:

On Fri, 20 Apr 2007 08:56:34 -0800, Phillip Sikes wrote:

Has anyone tried the Grizzly H8110 workbench? I work full time and
just flat do not have time to build a workbench and continue with my
woodworking at the same time. This one looks nice but its companion
version with the sngle drawer didn't get a very good review from Fine
Woodworking. Anyone useing this pleae feel free to chime in.

Thanks - Phil

I would compare the bench weight to similar benches (7' x 2'). The
heavier the bench the more stable it should be. Off hand, the only
structural reservation I would have is that the vise specs don't seem to
provide opening widths, at least I would HOPE the tail vise will open more
than 6 inches.

John

Thanks for the reply John. The bench weighs in at around 400 lbs if I
remember correctly. I am unsure of the vise specs also. I think I will
email Grizzly and see if I can't get some more info.

Thanks - Phil
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Apr 22, 10:15 am, Phillip Sikes wrote:
[...]

My only comment is that my parents ordered that maple workbench top
for a kitchen island, and the product is top quality, well finished
and HEAVY

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 24 Apr 2007 00:10:19 -0700, scott
wrote:

[...]

Thanks for the reply Scott. I am planning a trip to the Grizzly store
in Bellingham , WA soon so I can check it out in person.

Phil