Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Making a real wood driver (golf)

Has anyone ever tried this for the fun of it? What resources (books,
etc) did you find to be the most useful? What would you have done
differently?

Thanks

Todd

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Apr 18, 11:21 am, Todd the wood junkie
wrote:
Has anyone ever tried this for the fun of it? What resources (books,
etc) did you find to be the most useful? What would you have done
differently?

Thanks

Todd

If I recall correctly, the heads of woods are made of persimmon.

Posted to rec.woodworking
J T J T is offline

Wed, Apr 18, 2007, 11:21am (EDT-3):
(Todd*the*wood*junkie) doth query:
Has anyone ever tried this for the fun of it? What resources (books,
etc) did you find to be the most useful? What would you have done
differently?

I'd go this route.
http://shootersolutions.com/golfballcannon.html

Guy gets on an airplane with his pants pockets stuffed with golf
balls and sits down beside an attractive young lady.

She keeps glancing at his pocket. He eventually notoces, and says,
"Those are golf balls".

The young lady thinks about this for a couple of minutes, then asks,
"Does that hurt as bad as tennis elbow?".

JOAT
I have anal glaucoma. I can't see my ass going to work today.

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

Has anyone ever tried this for the fun of it? What resources (books,
etc) did you find to be the most useful? What would you have done
differently?

Thanks

Todd

If I recall correctly, the heads of woods are made of persimmon.

I remember this being written up MANY years ago in Popular Mechanics.
IIRC, it was a persimmon/maple laminate. Then shaped with an automatic
lathe. Face plate attached with screws, hole for shaft drilled, and
finally given a coat or so of laquer.