Posted to rec.woodworking
J T J T is offline

Default How It's Made - Solid Core Wood Doors

Show earlier this afternoon showed how they're made, right from
making the door skins from tree trunks, right on to the end. A little
different than I'd thought. Neat.

The skins are 3 pieces, each, 1-200th of an inch, glued together to
make a three ply skin, one on each side. Of course it all goes quite
fast, they use heat or microwaves to almost instantly cure the glue.
And the sanding, staining, and varnishing, of each outer side takes 70
seconds. Even so, it's kinda amazing that some of those machines could
be vastly simplified and used in a home shop. But regardless it's neet
to see stuff like that being made. I always get some ideas and
inspiration. Good show, if you've never seen it, you shoud if you can.

JOAT
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum
immane mittam.
(I have a catapult. Give me all your money, or I will fling an enormous
rock at your head.)

solid core wood door ibsys Home Repair 3 September 2nd 06 02:33 AM
solid core wood door ibsys Home Repair 1 September 1st 06 11:46 PM
Hanging used solid core doors [email protected] Woodworking 12 August 14th 06 02:38 PM
Change hollow core door to solid core door terry Woodworking 15 September 27th 04 12:48 PM
Cutting a solid core door Jerry Woodworking 7 September 4th 04 03:04 PM