Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Woodworking classes

Protect hearing when using the router!!! Pay particular attention to
the direction of the router bit rotation when facing different
directions. A right/correct/typical cutting direction has the sharp
edge of the bit entering the edge of the board and a "climb cut" moves
in the opposite direction that tends to try to push the wood away from
the tool. Handy for some things but can be tricky.

On Wed, 04 Apr 2007 17:32:14 -0500, shawn
wrote:

Corner of My Mind wrote:
John Flatley wrote:

The Woodcraft stores have a pretty good lineup of
classes at reasonable prices.

This seems like an excellent idea. Thanks.

They have 22 classes taught at the nearest location. Of those, I'm
guessing the following 3 would be most beneficial for a newbie like me:

* "Woodturning 101 & 201" - 2 Days (15 hours total - lunches?) for $250

* "Tablesaws from A to Z" - 1 Day for $75

* "Learning the Router" - 1 Day (5.5 hours - lunch?) for $75 + materials

So, for about $400 I can become a pro

You might also check the Constantine's store in Ft.
Lauderdale for classes and clubs.

I didn't find any classes listed on their website
(http://www.constantines.com/) but I'll drop by and get to know the
place as well as Woodcraft store

Good hunting and welcome aboard,

Thank you.

If I had to pick one, I would do the Table saw. Then the router class

Woodworking Classes? Corner of My Mind Woodworking 71 October 11th 17 03:33 AM
Woodworking Classes - Pleasant Hill, CA Jeff Woodworking 0 September 3rd 06 03:04 PM
Woodworking Classes? Mich Woodworking 2 July 30th 05 05:44 PM
Woodworking Classes - PDX? Steve Dunbar Woodworking 10 January 23rd 05 04:56 PM
one-on-one or two woodworking classes Mike at American Sycamore Woodworking 12 October 27th 04 12:13 AM