Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Barn Wood Salvage Buyer Needed

Hi, Fellow Woodworkers --

I'm trying to locate anyone interested in buying and dismantling an old
dairy barn to salvage the wood.
The barn is in New York state, between Syracuse and Watertown.
I believe the barn was built about 1900, is timber framed, and quite large.

Please e-mail if you are interested or can refer me to someone who might be
interested.

Thanks -- Mitch

Posted to rec.woodworking

The WoodMitch Shop wrote:
Hi, Fellow Woodworkers --

I'm trying to locate anyone interested in buying and dismantling an old
dairy barn to salvage the wood.
The barn is in New York state, between Syracuse and Watertown.
I believe the barn was built about 1900, is timber framed, and quite large.

Please e-mail if you are interested or can refer me to someone who might be
interested.

Thanks -- Mitch

I guess you're having a barn razing...
yuk yuk
jo4hn
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Apr 3, 11:29 am, jo4hn wrote:
The WoodMitch Shop wrote:
Hi, Fellow Woodworkers --

I'm trying to locate anyone interested in buying and dismantling an old
dairy barn to salvage the wood.
The barn is in New York state, between Syracuse and Watertown.
I believe the barn was built about 1900, is timber framed, and quite large.

Please e-mail if you are interested or can refer me to someone who might be
interested.

Thanks -- Mitch

I guess you're having a barn razing...
yuk yuk
jo4hn

To raze a barn's noble.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"The WoodMitch Shop" wrote in message
Hi, Fellow Woodworkers --

I'm trying to locate anyone interested in buying and dismantling an old
dairy barn to salvage the wood.
The barn is in New York state, between Syracuse and Watertown.
I believe the barn was built about 1900, is timber framed, and quite
large.

Please e-mail if you are interested or can refer me to someone who might
be interested.

Don't hold your breath.
It took me 6 months to find someone to buy some 7x16 timbers from a barn in
Rochester; and they were all stacked and ready to go.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Apr 3, 12:11 am, "The WoodMitch Shop" wrote:
Hi, Fellow Woodworkers --

I'm trying to locate anyone interested in buying and dismantling an old
dairy barn to salvage the wood.
The barn is in New York state, between Syracuse and Watertown.
I believe the barn was built about 1900, is timber framed, and quite large.

Please e-mail if you are interested or can refer me to someone who might be
interested.

Thanks -- Mitch

What size is the barn and what sort of money are we thinking about?

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Apr 2, 11:11 pm, "The WoodMitch Shop" wrote:
Hi, Fellow Woodworkers --

I'm trying to locate anyone interested in buying and dismantling an old
dairy barn to salvage the wood.
The barn is in New York state, between Syracuse and Watertown.
I believe the barn was built about 1900, is timber framed, and quite large.

Please e-mail if you are interested or can refer me to someone who might be
interested.

Thanks -- Mitch

Dear Mitch:

Have you ever torn down a barn? It is Hard work, damn hard work. It
is also dangerous. Salavaging wood that is useable is slow and
painstakenly demanding.
It is not worth paying for. Getting someone to take it down and clean
it up....you should pay them!

Mike

Posted to rec.woodworking

In article ,
jo4hn wrote:
The WoodMitch Shop wrote:
Hi, Fellow Woodworkers --

I'm trying to locate anyone interested in buying and dismantling an old
dairy barn to salvage the wood.
The barn is in New York state, between Syracuse and Watertown.
I believe the barn was built about 1900, is timber framed, and quite large.

Please e-mail if you are interested or can refer me to someone who might be
interested.

Thanks -- Mitch

I guess you're having a barn razing...
yuk yuk
jo4hn

The _first_ and widely-acknowleged as the 'best' expert at this kind of
salvage work was a serf in thrall to an Englishman named William, of Occam.

Yes, he was the original Occam's _Razor_. It's been suggested that he
first honed his skills on a barn owned by a barber.

Posted to rec.woodworking

The WoodMitch Shop wrote:

I'm trying to locate anyone interested in buying and dismantling an

old
dairy barn to salvage the wood.

snip

GFL