Junior Member

Location: Malaysia
Default Using 230V 1Ph 60Hz Machines in 220/240V Country

Dear All,
I'm sure this question may not be the first time appear in this forum. However, I am not able to search for similar threads previously posted by other members of this very useful forum.

My question is : Can I use a Saw Bench (Table Saw) purchased from America with 230V power input in my country with 220/240V at 50hz power supply?
Facts: Normally, most machines of 3hp & above, produced for America's market, use power input of 230V/405V at 60hz cycle or frequency. Some types of machines with carbon brush (esp. direct shaft motor) use universal motors ( can use 50hz or 60hz power input). Most machines powered by "Induction" motors (esp those using drive belts) are not using universal motors. Is it true ?

I appreciate whatever reply from you all..

Thank you

Sandingdust
KUL, MY
I just like learning. The more I learn, the more I know I am not good at anything...