Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Best workflow for furniture-thoughts?

On Mar 26, 10:31 pm, Matt In Fenton wrote:
[snipped purely because I can]

With proper taping, such as using 1/2" wide tape centered on a 3/4"
wide area, there would be enough over lap of the joints that there
wouldn't be any touch up. And if so then very little touch up would be
necessary.

Any thoughts to this approach?

I do that all the time with good results.

Posted to rec.woodworking

I have some furniture that I am going to be working on for myself 2
computer desks and 3 dressers, because these pieces have lots of tight
corners and hard to reach areas I'd like to avoid the build it,
assemble it, finish it methodology.

My plans are to use biscuits and screws for the joinery. The screws
will mainly be for holding the hutches to the lower parts of the
desks, slides for the drawers etc.

Biscuit joints will be glued. I've read that glue does not work well,
if at all on pieces that have been finished and waxed. I'm wondering
if the best approach is to mask off the areas to be glued with masking
tape and then finish the piece before final assembly. This makes it
much easier to get to everything and would increase the application
time of stain and "clear".