Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Grizzly G1022 Table Saw - can't tighten saw height wheel

I've had this table saw for over 10 years and it still works great.
One problem I haven't been able to figure out...the middle knob that
holds on the blade height wheel won't tighten the wheel so the blade
will stay put. It screws on completely but even if I tighten it with
a pair of pliers, the verticle height wheel still turns freely.

Any ideas on how to fix this? I've looked in the manual and I don't
see any washers or other parts missing.

Thanks for the help.

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote in message
oups.com...
I've had this table saw for over 10 years and it still works great.
One problem I haven't been able to figure out...the middle knob that
holds on the blade height wheel won't tighten the wheel so the blade
will stay put. It screws on completely but even if I tighten it with
a pair of pliers, the verticle height wheel still turns freely.

Any ideas on how to fix this? I've looked in the manual and I don't
see any washers or other parts missing.

Thanks for the help.

I assume that you have a cabinet saw. I have a Jet cabinet saw and it has a
similar set up. If yours is like mine, have you tried taking the middle
knob out and cleaning the end off and inside the hole it screws into?
Automotive brake cleaner should work well to clean both and then a little
light lube on the threads when you screw it back in.
With that said, mine simply tightens the blade setting and does not
absolutely insure that the adjustment wheel remains stationary if you tried
to turn it.