Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Woodworking shows - Houston area

Is there anything to these?
I've never been to one, and it looks like there's a show at the end of the month in Houston - that's within 100 miles and the closest civilization to the rice paddy I live in..
Buying tickets to a an infomercial seems odd to start with, plus parking, and so on.
I wouldn't be going to the seminars (at $50 a pop), but is there anything I should convince SWMBO that we need to pay to see, or should I just enjoy a day in the shop making sawdust?

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote in message
Is there anything to these?
I've never been to one, and it looks like there's a show at the end of the
month in Houston - that's within 100 miles and the closest civilization to
the rice paddy I live in..
Buying tickets to a an infomercial seems odd to start with, plus parking,
and so on.
I wouldn't be going to the seminars (at $50 a pop), but is there anything
I should convince SWMBO that we need to pay to see, or should I just enjoy
a day in the shop making sawdust?

I am going and have for the last ummmm 20+ years.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mar 20, 6:35 am, "Leon" wrote:

I am going and have for the last ummmm 20+ years.

Leon, is this the same vendor show I met you and Swing at last year?
If so, where is it? Hell... if not, where is it?

Robert

Posted to rec.woodworking

Hey if you want a real show just convince your wife you need to have a
vacation in Vegas and go to the AWFS in July or August, not sure of
the date. It has all the big boys with massive machines but plenty of
the same types of guys you see at the local shows too. Plus you get to
see all the CAD systems. I went and saw my first full demo of the
Leigh LMT. This is like Disneyland for WWkrs. FWW Mag also had a
competition for furniture and had other items displayed in the lobby.
I saw that incredible Federal table with the inlay work that was on
the cover early last year and lots of other amazing work. Several
pieces that were cover shots or included in the gallery pages of FWW.

On Mar 20, 4:55 am, wrote:
Is there anything to these?
I've never been to one, and it looks like there's a show at the end of the month in Houston - that's within 100 miles and the closest civilization to the rice paddy I live in..
Buying tickets to a an infomercial seems odd to start with, plus parking, and so on.
I wouldn't be going to the seminars (at $50 a pop), but is there anything I should convince SWMBO that we need to pay to see, or should I just enjoy a day in the shop making sawdust?

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote in message
oups.com...
On Mar 20, 6:35 am, "Leon" wrote:

I am going and have for the last ummmm 20+ years.

Leon, is this the same vendor show I met you and Swing at last year?
If so, where is it? Hell... if not, where is it?

Yes! It is the same one. It's at Reliant Center again, next to the
Astrodome.

Woodworking Shows Ron S Woodworking 1 September 8th 06 12:56 AM
Houston area: Custom Molding needed [email protected] Woodworking 8 May 5th 06 07:53 AM
Woodworking shows [email protected] Woodworking 16 February 28th 06 05:46 AM
WANTED: THICKNESS PLANER IN HOUSTON AREA Tiny Woodworking 0 March 14th 05 02:42 AM
New woodworking shows Herbert Robinson Woodworking 3 July 15th 03 04:37 PM