Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Mortising Question

Hi folks,

I'm using a General mortising machine and I'm wondering if this is what I
should be getting
as a mortise?

I've adjusted the chisel and bit with the .40c method and tried a few
variations but I still end up with that little collar
at the bottom of the mortise.

I've sharpened the chisel using the Lee Valley cone sharpeners, I've gently
tuned up the bit so that it is sharp.

http://i13.tinypic.com/2z7pmab.jpg

Anyone have some suggestions as to what I might try to correct this?

I hope the picture is of sufficient detail.

Thanks for your time,

David.

Mortising Fixture Teamcasa Woodworking 3 September 11th 06 06:34 PM
Router Jig Mortising Question Bruce Miller Woodworking 2 February 18th 04 11:08 PM
Mortising with DP120 stoutman Woodworking 6 December 20th 03 03:23 PM
Mortising bits Blair Woodworking 2 October 19th 03 02:34 AM
Mortising? BUB 209 Woodworking 1 October 14th 03 04:06 PM