Posted to rec.woodworking
cc cc is offline

Default "slide" tape layering?

Don't know the name,but a one sided adhesive tape with a slick side
that is used to help things, like drawers,well, slide on a runner..

I have some drawers that are not quite aligned across the top.sliding
on wooden runners..was wondering if the slide tape can be build up
(layered) so that the tops are leveled and makes the draw slide
easier. Know normally it is a one layer tape, but anyone tried
building layers to even things out?

we are talking 1/16" to 1/32" off.small but noticeable..

Posted to rec.woodworking

In article . com,
"cc" wrote:

Know normally it is a one layer tape, but anyone tried
building layers to even things out?

Never did, but I'd make the layers with a different kind of tape, or
perhaps shims of paper and glue.

--
"Keep your ass behind you."
Posted to rec.woodworking
CW CW is offline

On 11-Mar-2007, "cc" wrote:

Don't know the name,but a one sided adhesive tape with a slick side
that is used to help things, like drawers,well, slide on a runner..

Is this what you're referring to? I've never tried it myself but
it looks like it might have a number of uses.

http://www.woodcraft.com/family.aspx?familyid=902

Posted to rec.woodworking

"cc" wrote:

Don't know the name,but a one sided adhesive tape with a slick side
that is used to help things, like drawers,well, slide on a runner..

Rockler has it, bring a fat wallet.

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 11 Mar 2007 23:57:28 GMT, "CW" wrote:

OK, there's too many CWs around here.

There's only ONE original "CW" in my world...

You better sort this out! G