Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

Default Pictures of my son's balsa toy ship

My goal was not a beautiful ship, but getting my son interested in
making stuff (and also him having relaxed time when no one is yelling).

Ship was spray painted gold, except for the US flag.

http://igor.chudov.com/projects/Toy-Ship-For-Elia/
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

Ignoramus4664 wrote:
My goal was not a beautiful ship, but getting my son interested in
making stuff (and also him having relaxed time when no one is yelling).

Ship was spray painted gold, except for the US flag.

http://igor.chudov.com/projects/Toy-Ship-For-Elia/

You're a good dad, Iggy.

--Winston
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

Ignoramus4664 wrote:
| My goal was not a beautiful ship, but getting my son interested in
| making stuff (and also him having relaxed time when no one is
| yelling).

Looks like complete success :-)

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

"Ignoramus4664" wrote in message
My goal was not a beautiful ship, but getting my son interested in
making stuff (and also him having relaxed time when no one is yelling).

Ship was spray painted gold, except for the US flag.

http://igor.chudov.com/projects/Toy-Ship-For-Elia/

You are blessed! Take good care of him...he's going to be paying MY Social
Security.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

"Winston" wrote in message
t...
Ignoramus4664 wrote:
My goal was not a beautiful ship, but getting my son interested in
making stuff (and also him having relaxed time when no one is yelling).

Ship was spray painted gold, except for the US flag.

http://igor.chudov.com/projects/Toy-Ship-For-Elia/

You're a good dad, Iggy.

--Winston

I'll second that.

Harold

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

"Tom Gardner" wrote in message
t...

"Ignoramus4664" wrote in message
My goal was not a beautiful ship, but getting my son interested in
making stuff (and also him having relaxed time when no one is yelling).

Ship was spray painted gold, except for the US flag.

http://igor.chudov.com/projects/Toy-Ship-For-Elia/

You are blessed! Take good care of him...he's going to be paying MY
Social Security.

I'm seriously concerned about your health, Tom. You're paying mine. :-)

Harold

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

t...

"Tom Gardner" wrote in message
t...

"Ignoramus4664" wrote in message
My goal was not a beautiful ship, but getting my son interested in
making stuff (and also him having relaxed time when no one is yelling).

Ship was spray painted gold, except for the US flag.

http://igor.chudov.com/projects/Toy-Ship-For-Elia/

You are blessed! Take good care of him...he's going to be paying MY
Social Security.

I'm seriously concerned about your health, Tom. You're paying mine. :-)

Harold

You're safe, I know how wisely you spend your money. I'm proud to
contribute to your "Golden Years"...or is it Platinum?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

On Feb 28, 11:15 pm, "Harold and Susan Vordos" wrote:
"Winston" wrote in message

t...

Ignoramus4664 wrote:
My goal was not a beautiful ship, but getting my son interested in
making stuff (and also him having relaxed time when no one is yelling).

Ship was spray painted gold, except for the US flag.

http://igor.chudov.com/projects/Toy-Ship-For-Elia/

You're a good dad, Iggy.

--Winston

I'll second that.

Harold

I'll third that....good job.

Your son is a lucky boy Ig.

TMT

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

A splendid ship indeed
JR
Dweller in the cellar

Ignoramus4664 wrote:
My goal was not a beautiful ship, but getting my son interested in
making stuff (and also him having relaxed time when no one is yelling).

Ship was spray painted gold, except for the US flag.

http://igor.chudov.com/projects/Toy-Ship-For-Elia/

Dependence is Vulnerability:
"Open the Pod Bay Doors please, Hal"

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

"Tom Gardner" wrote in message
. ..

t...

"Tom Gardner" wrote in message
t...

"Ignoramus4664" wrote in message
My goal was not a beautiful ship, but getting my son interested in
making stuff (and also him having relaxed time when no one is yelling).

Ship was spray painted gold, except for the US flag.

http://igor.chudov.com/projects/Toy-Ship-For-Elia/

You are blessed! Take good care of him...he's going to be paying MY
Social Security.

I'm seriously concerned about your health, Tom. You're paying mine. :-)

Harold

You're safe, I know how wisely you spend your money. I'm proud to
contribute to your "Golden Years"...or is it Platinum?

Heh! I'm old enough to qualify for both.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

"Winston" wrote:
Ignoramus4664 wrote:
My goal was not a beautiful ship, but getting my son interested in
making stuff (and also him having relaxed time when no one is yelling).

Ship was spray painted gold, except for the US flag.

http://igor.chudov.com/projects/Toy-Ship-For-Elia/

You're a good dad, Iggy.

You're gonna have your hands full when he finds out he can build rockets.

Jon

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

Jon Danniken wrote:
| "Winston" wrote:
|| Ignoramus4664 wrote:
||| My goal was not a beautiful ship, but getting my son interested in
||| making stuff (and also him having relaxed time when no one is
||| yelling).
||| Ship was spray painted gold, except for the US flag.
||| http://igor.chudov.com/projects/Toy-Ship-For-Elia/
|| You're a good dad, Iggy.
|
| You're gonna have your hands full when he finds out he can build
| rockets.

And a 15m catamaran :-D

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

Morris Dovey wrote:

Jon Danniken wrote:
| "Winston" wrote:
|| Ignoramus4664 wrote:
||| My goal was not a beautiful ship, but getting my son interested in
||| making stuff (and also him having relaxed time when no one is
||| yelling).
||| Ship was spray painted gold, except for the US flag.
||| http://igor.chudov.com/projects/Toy-Ship-For-Elia/
|| You're a good dad, Iggy.
|
| You're gonna have your hands full when he finds out he can build
| rockets.

And a 15m catamaran :-D

And gets his first used car and starts "pimoing it up.

DAMHIKT

Jeff

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

JR North wrote:

A splendid ship indeed
JR
Dweller in the cellar

Ignoramus4664 wrote:

My goal was not a beautiful ship, but getting my son interested in
making stuff (and also him having relaxed time when no one is yelling).

Ship was spray painted gold, except for the US flag.

http://igor.chudov.com/projects/Toy-Ship-For-Elia/

Agreed, but it's WAY too neat. G

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

"Ignoramus4664" wrote in message
My goal was not a beautiful ship, but getting my son interested in
making stuff (and also him having relaxed time when no one is yelling).

Ship was spray painted gold, except for the US flag.

http://igor.chudov.com/projects/Toy-Ship-For-Elia/

Iggy - the grin on his face says it all!

And oh boy, are the girls in your neck of the woods going to be in trouble
in a few years!

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

"Jeff Wisnia" wrote in message
JR North wrote:

A splendid ship indeed
JR
Dweller in the cellar

Ignoramus4664 wrote:

My goal was not a beautiful ship, but getting my son interested in
making stuff (and also him having relaxed time when no one is yelling).

Ship was spray painted gold, except for the US flag.

http://igor.chudov.com/projects/Toy-Ship-For-Elia/

Agreed, but it's WAY too neat. G

That's because his son did all the work!

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

On Thu, 01 Mar 2007 21:15:53 GMT, Vic Baron wrote:

"Ignoramus4664" wrote in message
My goal was not a beautiful ship, but getting my son interested in
making stuff (and also him having relaxed time when no one is yelling).

Ship was spray painted gold, except for the US flag.

http://igor.chudov.com/projects/Toy-Ship-For-Elia/

Iggy - the grin on his face says it all!

And oh boy, are the girls in your neck of the woods going to be in trouble
in a few years!

I don't know, he is a little shy... We'll see... thanks though...

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

On Thu, 01 Mar 2007 15:21:59 -0600, Ignoramus23363
wrote:

On Thu, 01 Mar 2007 21:15:53 GMT, Vic Baron wrote:

"Ignoramus4664" wrote in message
My goal was not a beautiful ship, but getting my son interested in
making stuff (and also him having relaxed time when no one is yelling).

Ship was spray painted gold, except for the US flag.

http://igor.chudov.com/projects/Toy-Ship-For-Elia/

Iggy - the grin on his face says it all!

And oh boy, are the girls in your neck of the woods going to be in trouble
in a few years!

I don't know, he is a little shy... We'll see... thanks though...

That's a cute kid. He's likely to get help in the girl department.

When we moved to Michigan, my sons holed up in the basement playing
video games for a few weeks because they showed up here between
semesters in the middle of winter (NOT recommended. Move in the
summer.) After about two weeks, the doorbell rang and I answered.
Three pretty high school aged girls were at the door, and I assumed
they were selling band candy or something. Instead, they asked for my
middle son by name, and asked if they could come in and meet him. Mind
you, he hadn't met anyone yet. After they talked a little, he said
there was a party and could he go. I said of course, and away he
went.

Apparently, there is enough communication and common interests between
the two company towns that the word got out. He may have missed his
Texas friends, but didn't lack for companionship, that's for sure.

For his first dance, he had noticed that the local dress style was
grunge (which makes a lot of sense in a Michigan winter. Layers, you
know.) He decided that wasn't for him, went to the western store and
got some tight blue jeans, white shirt, and boots, then borrowed his
brother's big belt buckle. The next day I asked him how the dance
went. He said it was awful, he got really dehydrated (said with a
**** eating grin). Then he said he couldn't get to the water fountain
through the women wanting to dance.

Somehow, I don't recall dances being like that when I was young. Of
course, he's a lot better looking. Takes after his mother, I guess.

Pete Keillor
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

wrote:

[...]

Well, when I was that age, and I'm guessing maybe you too, Pete, WE asked
the girls to dance. Nowadays, it's a wee bit different .

Vic

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

Ignoramus4664 wrote:
My goal was not a beautiful ship, but getting my son interested in
making stuff (and also him having relaxed time when no one is yelling).

Ship was spray painted gold, except for the US flag.

http://igor.chudov.com/projects/Toy-Ship-For-Elia/

Iggy, after your son gets done with his boat and moves to other things,
BE SURE to put it in a safe place. That boat will be priceless to you
in a few years (about the time your son's learning to drive). I have a
number of my daughter's little projects stashed here and there and my
eyes always water a little when I come across them.

--
Gary Brady
Austin, TX
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

On Fri, 02 Mar 2007 01:55:36 GMT, Gary Brady wrote:
Ignoramus4664 wrote:
My goal was not a beautiful ship, but getting my son interested in
making stuff (and also him having relaxed time when no one is yelling).

Ship was spray painted gold, except for the US flag.

http://igor.chudov.com/projects/Toy-Ship-For-Elia/

Iggy, after your son gets done with his boat and moves to other things,
BE SURE to put it in a safe place. That boat will be priceless to you
in a few years (about the time your son's learning to drive). I have a
number of my daughter's little projects stashed here and there and my
eyes always water a little when I come across them.

I still keep and treasure a toy ship that I made with my dad. You are right.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

Vic Baron wrote:
"Jeff Wisnia" wrote in message

JR North wrote:

A splendid ship indeed
JR
Dweller in the cellar

Ignoramus4664 wrote:

My goal was not a beautiful ship, but getting my son interested in
making stuff (and also him having relaxed time when no one is yelling).

Ship was spray painted gold, except for the US flag.

http://igor.chudov.com/projects/Toy-Ship-For-Elia/

Agreed, but it's WAY too neat. G

That's because his son did all the work!

Actually, it was the work area I meant to refer to, but a brain fart
made me leave out a couple of operative words. G

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

According to Ignoramus4664 :
My goal was not a beautiful ship, but getting my son interested in
making stuff (and also him having relaxed time when no one is yelling).

Ship was spray painted gold, except for the US flag.

http://igor.chudov.com/projects/Toy-Ship-For-Elia/

Great! Looks like a fun kid, too.

I've spotted a couple of dies for your hydraulic crimper which
are currently at very attractive prices on eBay:

290087265251 #8 (red)

290087265905 #4 (yellow)

I forget what size you already have (one of the two red ones, I think),
but both of these are starting at $14.95 with about two days 17 hours to
go.

I finally got the final ones for my collection -- so I am
complete all the way through 4/0.

Good luck,
DoN.
--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

"Ignoramus4664" wrote in message
My goal was not a beautiful ship, but getting my son interested in
making stuff (and also him having relaxed time when no one is yelling).

Ship was spray painted gold, except for the US flag.

http://igor.chudov.com/projects/Toy-Ship-For-Elia/

Awesome! Way to GO!
Kids using power tools puts a smail on my face.

A child is the only known substance from which a responsible adult can be
manufactured!

Mark