Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Good Dark Stain for Soft Maple?

Hello,

I'm in the process of building a table for my sunroom, it is being made
out of soft Maple. I would like to know if anyone has had any success with
dark stains on maple? I'm looking for a stain resembling Mahogany. I've
been told the best way to achieve this is by using a dye finish, but I'm not
fond of water based dye because of grain raising. If anyone has any
positive experiences with staining maple a dark color I'm all ears.

Thank you.