Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Wood door and trims

Hi I am located in Miami Florida and in need of some woodworking help.

I just purchased a property that has a custom wood door that
"sticks" (does not open more than eight inches). It is an exterior /
interior door - meaning that the house is a courtyard home, the main
door opens into the courtyard and the rooms all open into this center
courtyard with a pool.

This door seems custom, has special paneling on it and it has a slot
for mail with a box holding the mail on the inside, has special
brackets on the inside to put a 2x6 horizontal wood to stop people
from storming through the doors (don't know why someone would do that
when its much easier to break the glass window). The trims are all rotted
from termites - termites were treated but now the wood is weak.

Anyone know of a good carpenter in Miami area that is a true
craftman? I would appreciate any contact information.

Thanks,

MC

Posted to rec.woodworking

"MiamiCuse" wrote in message
news
[...]

Try Federal Millwork in Ft. Lauderdale. They wouldn't do the work, but they
could probably recommend a few top notch carpenters that could easily repair
your door. They also can manufacture the trim, it may even be a stock item.

Woodsy

Posted to rec.woodworking

MiamiCuse wrote:
[...]

No suggestions, but thought you might like to know that the brackets
might be more about hurricanes than about theft...

Harvey

kitchen trims or quadrants jon UK diy 2 January 24th 07 06:16 PM
Fitting laminated end trims to laminated worktop - how to cut/shape? Tiny Tim UK diy 6 March 9th 06 07:12 PM
How to do door trims? miamicuse Woodworking 12 November 15th 05 02:51 AM
gas fire trims and frets - buy online? newbietothis UK diy 0 September 9th 05 07:20 PM
gutter/trims show water marks ap Home Ownership 3 April 2nd 05 01:08 AM