Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Aluminum router plate

On Feb 19, 11:00 am, ROY! wrote:
I have a 1/2", 10" x 10" or so flat aluminum plate that I'd like to
use to mount a router in my router table. Problem is the aluminum is
not anodized so I'm concerned it will mark the wood. I'm thinking of
gluing formica to the top of the plate. Anyone have alternate
suggestions? Thanks.

Roy!

You could have it annodized.
Joe G

Posted to rec.woodworking

If I had a nice chunk of aluminum like that, I would probably use one
of the many epoxy enamels out there, and then as Charlie said, wax it.

Easy to apply, easy to renew.

Robert

Aluminum router plate Charlie Self Woodworking 0 February 19th 07 07:07 PM
Aluminum router plate CW Woodworking 0 February 19th 07 04:35 PM
Does Woodpecker's aluminum router plate ever go on sale? JJ Woodworking 3 November 18th 06 05:13 AM
Router Table -- securing drop in plate/router assembly? John L. Poole Woodworking 16 July 14th 06 04:39 PM
Bending Aluminum Plate Jay Mojave Metalworking 4 August 20th 03 01:30 PM